Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2007, 05:19 PM

15 posts, read 39,227 times

Advertisements

Hi folks:

It has been quite a while since I visited this forum, so first up, some updates. I am now gainfully employed by one of the "Big Two" in Charlotte. Currently still working remotely from CA (that was part of the negotiated deal) till sometime early October, at which time I will be relocating with family to Charlotte area.

I have zeroed down on Harrisburg as the place I would like to settle down - close to work, good schools, nice neighbourhoods. Plan is not to jump directly into the home buying process, but to rent for about 6 months, get a feel for the place and see how we like it (we still might end up liking south charlotte better!), and then make our move.

With that background, I am looking for rental properties in the Harrisburg area. So far I have not heard of any apartments in the town, so I am assuming that it will have to be a house. I have looked online at craigslist in particular, but did not find many choices there. Can someone knowledgeable in this forum point me in the right direction please? Oh, and BTW, I would like to rent a 2~3 bedroom, 2 bath accomodation, for about 6 months starting October 07, and my price range is 900~1400 monthly.

Thanx!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2007, 08:46 PM

2 posts, read 5,264 times
It's hard to get a rental in Harrisburg for 6 months.

Here's one that might still be available for you:

Rental Houses Home Rentals, Homes for Rent, Houses for Rent, Rental Homes

I live in South Charlotte (Ballantyne) but will be moving to Harrisburg next year. Just bought a house by Orleans at Bridge Pointe.

I love the city life of Ballantyne (lots to do), but my husband and I both like the town of Harrisburg because of the great school systems, low taxes, still a great location (close to Charlotte) and a truly great place to raise a family.

Good luck in your find!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte