Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 12:06 PM

105 posts, read 406,292 times

Advertisements

ok everyone. I think that I have read every single thread here on this page regarding Concord and the areas around it. My family and I, like all other's here it seems, are relocating to NC next summer (from RI), hopefully right after school lets out. We are somewhat of a large family and will be looking to rent for a year while we decide which area better suits our family. We are pretty much set on Concord but we haven't stopped looking into other areas all together. We prefer the school system in Concord based on what I have read and the research I put together. I have been searching like crazy to find an apartment complex that accomidates us, which means a 4 bedroom, and it has not been easy. I have found two in Concord:
Greens Of Concord 1400 Daley Circle, Concord, NC 28025 has a four
bedroom townhome 1358 square feet for $710/mo
Patriots Pointe 3699 Patriots Place Drive, Concord, NC 28025 has a
four bedroom 1375 swuare foot for $725-814/mo.
I think that they are perfectly prices considering neither one of us has a job lined up yet. I have heard that it is difficult to find a real job without a NC address so we are going to just take whatever job is available to us when we first get there and we don't want to get in over our heads with a high rent. Is anyone familiar with either of these two complexes or their areas? Does anyone out there no of any other complexes that have 4 bedrooms or 3 bedrooms with a bonus room. I would gladly appreciate any information on this matter as all the forums really are geared towards buying a house vs renting in a complex.
I would also love to hear any feedback at all....good and bad...about Concord. By the way, can someone please tell me the correct way to pronounce it?

Thanks so much,
Christina
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2007, 12:12 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times
HI good luck and welcome on your quest to become a Carolinian.
I hope someone will assist you in your questions.

Here is a link to a site that will help you pronounce cities and counties in this area.
North Carolina Collection-Talk Like a Tar Heel

Old 08-30-2007, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
HI good luck and welcome on your quest to become a Carolinian.
I hope someone will assist you in your questions.

Here is a link to a site that will help you pronounce cities and counties in this area.
North Carolina Collection-Talk Like a Tar Heel
Thank you so much. By the way, Huntersville is our runner up so I might need more assistance from you.

Old 08-30-2007, 04:26 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,401,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtinax01 View Post
ok everyone. I think that I have read every single thread here on this page regarding Concord and the areas around it. My family and I, like all other's here it seems, are relocating to NC next summer (from RI), hopefully right after school lets out. We are somewhat of a large family and will be looking to rent for a year while we decide which area better suits our family. We are pretty much set on Concord but we haven't stopped looking into other areas all together. We prefer the school system in Concord based on what I have read and the research I put together. I have been searching like crazy to find an apartment complex that accomidates us, which means a 4 bedroom, and it has not been easy. I have found two in Concord:
Greens Of Concord 1400 Daley Circle, Concord, NC 28025 has a four
bedroom townhome 1358 square feet for $710/mo
Patriots Pointe 3699 Patriots Place Drive, Concord, NC 28025 has a
four bedroom 1375 swuare foot for $725-814/mo.
I think that they are perfectly prices considering neither one of us has a job lined up yet. I have heard that it is difficult to find a real job without a NC address so we are going to just take whatever job is available to us when we first get there and we don't want to get in over our heads with a high rent. Is anyone familiar with either of these two complexes or their areas? Does anyone out there no of any other complexes that have 4 bedrooms or 3 bedrooms with a bonus room. I would gladly appreciate any information on this matter as all the forums really are geared towards buying a house vs renting in a complex.
I would also love to hear any feedback at all....good and bad...about Concord. By the way, can someone please tell me the correct way to pronounce it?

Thanks so much,
Christina
They only two I could tell you about is Patriots Pointe and the one I live in, Tower Place. We were steered away from Patriots Pointe after being told by both a realtor and someone else that they were income based apartments and that some of the residents were the most desirable. That's what we were told, that's what we went by. Tower Place we love. You're going to spend more for a three bedroom but it's a really nice little complex situated within a few minutes of both 29 and 49. You're not far from Concord Mills Mall, not far at all from Charlotte living in either Patriots Pointe or Tower Place. There are two Concord policemen who live in two different spots of the Tower Place development, which is nice in case any of the Charlotte riff raff decide to make their way around here.

Pronouncing Concord? I say it like it was the plane.

As far as coming down here without a job? Good luck with that....

Old 08-31-2007, 03:39 AM

49 posts, read 151,380 times
Default Welcome to NC

Me and my family relocated here alittle over 3 months ago we are renting a house for the same reason we wanted to get here and look around before we bought as there is so much to choose from. I have not regreted a day yet. We are in Matthews NC Union County. Great area for families , most of my neighboors have 3-4kids. I myself have 4 ages 2/12 girl, 7boy, 14 girl and 3wk old boy. I love this area great schools and neighboorhods. Also you mentioned that neither of you would have jobs. When you get here you can file for unemployment in RI and since you are moving it is one of the qualifications to be able to collect while you look for a job. You need a phone interview as they want to know why you relocated. I myself relocated for a fresh start and to get my kids out of the pawtucket school system as well as my husband being closer to his mom whom lives 2/12hrs away in seneca south carolina. Godd luck with your search and welcome to NC you will not regret it people are friendly here. Ck Charlotte.com alot of rentals go into there or you can ck with a real estate agent they also assist with rentals I found my house in charlotte.com rent

Good luck to you and your family. And if you drive down get plenty of rest prior to the trip.... BOA SORTE

Old 08-31-2007, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
They only two I could tell you about is Patriots Pointe and the one I live in, Tower Place.
Thank you for giving us the name of a good place. I don't know if we will go with it or not because they only have three bedrooms and it looks like it's kind of small but I would take small over bad neighborhood any day. I am keeping Tower Place at the top of my list. If anyone else has any personal experience with complexes in the neighborhood, could you please chime in.

Thanks.

Old 08-31-2007, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portuguese girl View Post
Good luck to you and your family. And if you drive down get plenty of rest prior to the trip.... BOA SORTE

Obrigada. Looks like we are gonna need it...lol

Old 09-01-2007, 12:27 AM

49 posts, read 151,380 times
It will be an adjustment at first but i think you will not regret it

Old 09-01-2007, 07:16 PM

928 posts, read 3,851,056 times
Craigslist has rentals too. You can always rent a house through a private rental company or individual this will give you plenty of space and privacy.

I prefer rental houses of apartment complexes you have the same freedom your not burdened with repairs or responsiblities, but you are free to make noise and not hear your neighbors flushing their toilets or coughing.

Good luck on your journey to NC.

Old 10-03-2007, 10:18 PM

1 posts, read 4,223 times
Smile Concord NC Apartments

Hi!
Your best bet for 4 bedrooms is a house rental. Believe me - you'll appreciate having a yard. Look for an old house in the country or a sublet in a nice development. OR even a house rental with a purchase option. Once you're here you can take your time and eventually get something better. Also since you don't know where you'll be working you may find yourself in a whole different part of the region. When we came south in 1974 we thought we were moving to the High Point area only to end up with work in Harrisburg ( between Concord & Charlotte) and an apartment in Concord.
Ironically I drove through the Greens just the other day taking a relative apartment hunting...and I fully agree with the person who advised you to look elsewhere. You do not want to live there!
Some years ago we moved back to Queens NY . We didn't think that there was any way that we could afford a 4 bedroom house rental...We prayed and tried to be patient. And lo and behold - we ended up with a 4 bedroom very affordable house rental where we stayed for 7 years. Then it was back to Concord. There's no getting away from here once you get used to it. It is very wise that you are beginning to look early. Concord is a great place! You might also consider Salisbury in Rowan County as Charlotte is slowly creeping out this way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte