Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 03:00 PM

2 posts, read 24,948 times

Advertisements

Can anyone recommend a medical practice in Charlotte Nc that offers free care for individuals without med coverage, or medicaid? I have been laid off and cannot afford to go to my regular doctor that was treating me for nerve pain, while I was employed and covered. I had to stop going after layoff because I was denied medicaid, The physical pain is becoming severe again, beyond tolerable levels. I have had two spine surgeries, including a fusion in the past two years. Thank you for any information in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2009, 03:03 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,789,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocker67 View Post
Can anyone recommend a medical practice in Charlotte Nc that offers free care for individuals without med coverage, or medicaid? I have been laid off and cannot afford to go to my regular doctor that was treating me for nerve pain, while I was employed and covered. I had to stop going after layoff because I was denied medicaid, The physical pain is becoming severe again, beyond tolerable levels. I have had two spine surgeries, including a fusion in the past two years. Thank you for any information in advance.
Try the Free Clinic in Matthews, and feel better

Free Medical Clinic, Matthews, North Carolina

Old 04-14-2009, 03:44 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,543,889 times
I cringe whenever I hear of anyone needing healthcare and not receiving it. I am so sorry that you are in this circumstance.

Depending on your meds, pharmaceutical companies are offering discounted prescriptions on some meds. The medical clinic Loves listed for you may not be able to handle disease management that varies much from the basics. However, they may be able to help you get in contact w/ the pharma companies who can help w/ lowering your meds bills. Be sure to mention this. And if they can't help you, come back and post so we can try to find out where you can get help.

Old 04-14-2009, 04:03 PM

2 posts, read 24,948 times
Thank you both! I will update after initial contact.

Old 04-14-2009, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocker67 View Post
Thank you both! I will update after initial contact.
Good luck! And do let us know . . .

Old 04-14-2009, 06:17 PM

2,115 posts, read 7,090,469 times
There's also the Lake Norman Free Clinic in Huntersville

The Charlotte Volunteers in Medicine Free Clinic on Beatties Ford Road

Community Free Clinic in Concord

Charlotte Community Health Clinic on Eastway Drive

Good luck!

Old 09-27-2011, 02:58 PM

1 posts, read 7,601 times
what was the reply to this question?

Old 09-27-2011, 04:00 PM

578 posts, read 2,600,498 times
needymeds.com
progressiverx.com

The latter is what I use to get my meds. Awesome company.

Old 01-05-2012, 01:07 AM

1 posts, read 6,811 times
what help is out there for a female over forty who has never had a mamogram or HIV screening. I lost my job three years ago and have not been able to find employment. I know that I have some health issues because there are so many changes in my body, but I have zero income and can not afford to see a doctor who will give me an exam and a good visit because I have no money or insurance. i cant afford a dentist and losing teeth. I have never been on any drugs. I have always worked and now I feel that my state is failing me because there is nothing available to me. I live in NC

Old 01-05-2012, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coxs0525 View Post
what help is out there for a female over forty who has never had a mamogram or HIV screening. I lost my job three years ago and have not been able to find employment. I know that I have some health issues because there are so many changes in my body, but I have zero income and can not afford to see a doctor who will give me an exam and a good visit because I have no money or insurance. i cant afford a dentist and losing teeth. I have never been on any drugs. I have always worked and now I feel that my state is failing me because there is nothing available to me. I live in NC
Have you been screened to see if you are eligible for medicaid? If you have no income, you should be but you don't mention assets.

If you are homeless, there may be resources we can suggest. We need more info, tho.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte