Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 11:07 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,506,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylbeth View Post
Although I am loving this weather.....I know that if we don't have some cold days soon, we are going to have a lot of bug problems later on like....fleas, ticks..you name it...we will have it!!

Ani......I found some wonderful slipper choices at the Kohls store on Rea Road....right behind the jewelry counters. Of course, they aren't UGGs, but I bet you will find a pair that will keep your feet warm.....I did!
TY for the heads-up Sylbeth! I will check your recommendation out! Even in warm weather, my feet stay cold. Does that mean I have a warm heart? Or just bad circulation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2012, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatsthenews View Post
I now have 7 daffodil flowers open and my Camelia is about to bloom.!
Oh my! I loooove Camelia bushes! Sounds like an early Spring . . . i believe Camelias can make it even if there is a cold snap . . . I have seen Camelias here blooming in snow.

I have a crocus trying to bloom.

Old 02-02-2012, 11:31 PM

403 posts, read 878,455 times
Ani.....We all know that you have a "warm heart", but as for the bad "circulation"....if it is anything like mine....and you have a desk that you work at....you probably have a small heater that takes care of cold feet...winter and summer!!! I am wearing the slippers that I purchased at Kolhs.....and the tooties are nice and toasty!!

Old 02-03-2012, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylbeth View Post
Ani.....We all know that you have a "warm heart", but as for the bad "circulation"....if it is anything like mine....and you have a desk that you work at....you probably have a small heater that takes care of cold feet...winter and summer!!! I am wearing the slippers that I purchased at Kolhs.....and the tooties are nice and toasty!!
You are very kind, Sylbeth. And yes, I have a heater and am sitting at a desk right now, lol. Not using the heater today, thank goodness. I didn't get to Kohl's . . . stayed up til nearly 2 am last nite working on a project due tomorrow (for presentation). I couldn't unwind and sleep til I had it to a certain stage and I am proud to announce, as I drink my coffee on this beautiful day, I am about finished! YAY!!! Maybe I will run by Kohl's this weekend and see if those cozy sleepers are still around, lol. I am wearing my socks and crocks til then. One of the advantages of working from home . . . I rarely have to dress up.

I noticed on another thread that some folks like to refer to the S. CLT women who dress in cute yoga outfits daily and try to impress everyone. Well, here I sit in my yoga outfit, hair dripping wet, and I am sure not doing it to impress everyone. (and yes, I did my morning salutation to the sun - so nice to SEE THE SUN!!!) My neighbors must think I own no clothing other than velour running suits in 6 colors and yoga pants and tops, lol. What is so beautiful - I will take a break after lunch, go outside and take the dog for walkies and it will be warm enough that I won't even have to put on a coat! Just me in my comfy but sloppy clothing and my wellies. I know it looks weird but it works for me. My husband says I look like I should be living on a farm out in the boonies. Maybe I am actually a TRENDSETTER!!! ha ha ha ha ha

Speaking of warm days . . . is anyone planting anything? I want to plant some mustard greens, rape, collards - you know the stuff - a mixture. But I can't find any plants so I would have to start them from seed. I am wondering if that sort of thing would make it. ???? If I spread seed outside, I don't think it is warm enuff to germinate. But collards can make it through frost, so I am wondering if we would have enuff days for them to germinate. If anyone has a good website for such things, let me know!

Hope you have a wonderful day. I saw a bluebird outside my window this morning, but didn't have time to grab the camera. A bluebird! My grandmother called them "bluebirds of happiness" and I have rarely seen one in my entire life. Wish me luck - I have the camera out and ready in case he comes back later today. If I get a photo, I will post it. They are sooooo beautiful.

Old 02-03-2012, 09:06 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,527,721 times
Wow a bluebird.. cool! I dont think I have seen one since I was a kid.
I probably try to make it home, place bird feeder out etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte