Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2012, 12:57 PM
NDL NDL started this thread

4,518 posts, read 5,645,215 times

Advertisements

Charlotte's water is very good, but like many other water providers, the City uses aluminum sulfate in the filtration process.

I try to avoid aluminum in all forms, which includes the water I drink. The ZeroWater filter claims to significantly reduce aluminum - hence my question: has anyone used ZeroWater? If so, is ZeroWater water tasty? How long does a filter last?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2012, 01:59 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,513,062 times
Our plan is to switch to zerowater after we use all of our Brita filters. The Today Show did a story on all of these filters and zerowater won hands down.

Old 03-05-2012, 02:10 PM

1 posts, read 3,216 times
Default I love Zerowater

Yes I use it and its the best tasting water I've ever drank. After using it, everything else tastes nasty. I did allot of research before I purchased and this was the only filter to remove all chemicals and toxins (TDS) from the water. The technology they have cant be beat according to the experts - I'm a water snob too so I'm picky about taste and the amount of junk that goes in my body. My Zerowater pitcher came with the filter and this nifty digital water tester. I got my pitcher at Walmart, but I saw the water tester online by the company who makes it for like $29 I think it was if you bought it separate. Its a good deal including it for free with Zerowater pitchers! I even tested zerowater against water filtered thru my old brita filter and brita only took out half the toxins and contaminants from my water, so I tossed it in the trash. I saw on the Today Show where good housekeeping did research and tested filters recently and found zerowater to be much better than the other brands and the only filter to remove the pharmaceuticals from the water. Good stuff! I wont use anything else. Once you try it you will be hooked. I think the filter life depends on your water quality in your area and how much it has to filter out. Ive had mine in for months now and we drink allot of water.

Old 03-05-2012, 04:13 PM
NDL NDL started this thread

4,518 posts, read 5,645,215 times
Thank you both, for your enthusiastic support of Zero Water.

So even with heavy usage, filters last a good month or so?

Old 03-05-2012, 06:46 PM

368 posts, read 945,614 times
I'm in the market for something to replace my old brita, but there are a lot of Amazon reviews claiming ZeroWater filters last only days before the water starts to taste/small rancid. 35% of the 289 reviews are 1-2 stars. I'll pass.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: