Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 09:34 AM

958 posts, read 1,724,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapsme View Post
More echoing... my unit that I rent out is equipped with a Radon remediation system. This is a problem with buildings constructed out of concrete/steel beams, which is most of the buildings that went up in the past 10 years. The radon literally emits from the concrete and since the units are pretty tight, there is no where for it to go. A very simple way to get around it is to simply crack a window, but who wants to do that in the middle of the summer/winter (uptown is noisy too). There are some older apartment conversions uptown that are stick built and do not have this issue.
"More Echoing?" Please provide new details on this. I enjoy learning new techniques.

An ERV units cost around $4,000 USD to be installed.

Who wants to keep their window cracked when their landlord hasn't taken the steps necessary to fix the unit?

Radon actually comes from radioactive decay of the elements radium and uranium. Often found around concrete.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2012, 09:49 AM

642 posts, read 1,170,228 times
I have a condo in East Blvd and I rent that out via an agent. They have aloways looked after me very well. My unit is rented for the next 2 years so all I can do is to let you have the name of the management company which is: www.mytownhome.com

The lady who I deal with is called Capucine and she is very professional.

This is not a plug for the company nor is it an endorsement. Quite simply I have dealt with them since 2009 and have never had a problem.

Old 03-29-2012, 05:03 AM

162 posts, read 729,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USCRugbyNo1 View Post
"More Echoing?" Please provide new details on this. I enjoy learning new techniques.
Uh... I said "more echoing" because earlier in this thread, I had said "echo that" when someone suggested looking at Craigslist.

Quote:
An ERV units cost around $4,000 USD to be installed.
Yes, this is about what I paid,...

Quote:
Who wants to keep their window cracked when their landlord hasn't taken the steps necessary to fix the unit?
Right, I am agreeing with you... you could have said "echo that"

Quote:
Radon actually comes from radioactive decay of the elements radium and uranium. Often found around concrete.
Again, agreeing with you, ultimately the radon emits from the concrete.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte