Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2012, 09:32 AM

2 posts, read 3,463 times

Advertisements

My family is moving to Cornelius in June. We will be renting at first since we are not very familiar with the area. Our new home is in Glenridge. Can anyone tell me their thoughts about Hough High and Bailey Middle? They look great on paper, but it is always nice to hear from people with personal experience.

Also, can anyone recommend a really excellent primary care physician, such as an internal medicine or family practice doctor in the area?

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2012, 10:11 AM

92 posts, read 223,428 times
Red face Cornelius

My son and daughter-in-law live in Glenridge (I'm in Oakhurst, next door) - they really like the neighborhood - very friendly. Both Bailey and Hough (and J.V.Washam Elementary) are excellent schools. A good "regular" doctor is Dr. Joe Garcia at Lakeside Family Health in Huntersville. There are other doctors also associated with the practice(eg. orthopodic surgeons, etc.) so it's kind of one stop shopping. They work out of Presbyterian Hospital in Huntersville (it is the next exit south from Cornelius - about 10-15 mins away.)

Old 05-29-2012, 08:25 AM

776 posts, read 1,064,771 times
If you are looking for a good dentist, Let me Recommend Tate Langdon IN Huntersville. I am in Washington DC now, but will make the drive to have any work done otehr than cleanings. He is honest up front and very good, plus his staff is super friendly and supportive.

Good luck

Old 06-03-2012, 08:45 PM

105 posts, read 194,323 times
Welcome...we relocated from Central Florida last August. I have a son that attends Hough and he has had a good experience over all. It is definitely the better of the three in this area. I've heard good things about Bailey as well. We reside in Caldwell Station, and really are so happy with this community and the surrounding areas in general. There is plenty of parks, and programs, sporting activities/camps/teams etc. in the area. I hope you'll be happy here as well.

Also, We love Dr. Brody at South Lake Pediatrics in Huntersville. I too, had to reach out and several people in my community recommended her. She was very thorough, prepared having already looked through our daughters records from her prior ped. and really took her time with us during our first wellness visit with her. Luckily, we haven't needed to go back yet, but I know we've found a great practice and doctor. Our Providers

Best of luck to you and your family. We were in your shoes not too long ago, so I know how it is. Please feel free to ask away...we're here.

Sandy~
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte