Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2007, 08:14 PM

353 posts, read 996,232 times

Advertisements

I did a search of past threads, and didn't really find anything helpful, so I hope you guys don't mind me starting a new post...

We're relocating to the Lake Norman area, and wanted to know if any of ya's could recommend
1) a pediatrician
2) an OBGYN
3) a GP

For each, I would like to stipulate the following:

1) Our current Ped in Raleigh has his own practice, and one nurse. We would like to stick with that "non-merry-go-round" practice, where we do not have to see a plethora of doctors. If anyone knows of a practice like this, please lemme know!

2) My current OBGYN is a practice of five doctors. You rotate who you see. They kinda rush you in and out, the wait is LOOOOOONG and it doesn't always feel very personable. I would like the OPPOSITE in a new place. Preferably, I would look for a practice with fewer (or just ONE?) doctor, where you're treated like a patient, not like a number. Again, if you know what I mean, gimmie a shout.

3) My husband is very happy with our GP, and is sad to have to leave him. He's very understanding, and approaches patients like he's a MEDICAL ADVISER, not like he's God, if you know what I mean. So, we would like to find someone similar. Once again, PM or reply here if you have someone in mind you think fits the bill.

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2007, 06:34 AM

509 posts, read 1,803,431 times
For the pediatrician, try Dr. Ferdinands at Huntersville Internal and Pediatrics. She's in a practice with others but we just see her.

For the OB, try Dr. Peacock. He runs his own practice supported by a midwife. He's in Birkdale, I think. I do not go to him but have heard very good things. I go to -- and like -- Huntersville OB/GYN, but there are about 5doctors and you rotate through.

Don't know about the GP.

GT

Old 09-24-2007, 08:22 AM

353 posts, read 996,232 times
Thanks GT! That's very helpful indeed!!

Old 09-24-2007, 01:43 PM

124 posts, read 168,396 times
What pediatrician did you have in Raleigh?
Because you may really like Walker Pediatrics, 149 (I think) Providence Rd. She was part of Dilworth Peds but now on her own. Experienced, lovely doctor, smaller office but resources of Novant Health.

Old 10-25-2007, 09:59 AM

279 posts, read 887,867 times
I love Dr. Mark Peacock,OBGYN.Been with him for years.His wife is a pediatric nurse and usually accompanies him for deliveries!He has a great Nurse Practioner as well,named Marsha Chiluck. The office is at Birkdale Commons.As for a Pediatrition, I like Elizabeth Tilt at 136 Gateway Blvd,Mooresville. I have four children. I cant help with a GP as I use DR. Peacock for most everything. nchunter
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte