Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2012, 07:39 PM

19 posts, read 34,351 times

Advertisements

I've searched through all the campground threads and I think we've decided to go to Davidson River Campground in a few weeks. Any advice on a good site? We will be in tents (1 or 2 depending on how big the site is), prefer to feel like we're in the woods and have some privacy. Also, what are some good things to do in the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2012, 08:30 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,578,440 times
According to Google Maps the Davidson River Campground is over 120 miles from Charlotte in Pisgah Forest, north of Brevard.

You might want to post this in the Western N.C./Mountain area section of North Carolina...

Old 09-25-2012, 08:51 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,565,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wumama View Post
I've searched through all the campground threads and I think we've decided to go to Davidson River Campground in a few weeks. Any advice on a good site? We will be in tents (1 or 2 depending on how big the site is), prefer to feel like we're in the woods and have some privacy. Also, what are some good things to do in the area.

This is one of my favorite campgrounds besides Cove Creek.

Get a campsite at the very back on the last loop on the left for more wooded experience, The campground reminds me of a cul de sac instead of row houses you have row campsites some with more woods in between than others. The back left has more woods for privacy. I like this site has numerous shower toilet sites, depending on you if you want to be close to them.

All the campsites have gravel pads so bring air mattress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte