Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 11:30 AM

642 posts, read 1,169,847 times

Advertisements

Have a look at Zillow.com

Try this link Steele Creek Real Estate & Steele Creek Charlotte Homes for Sale - Zillow

You may need to tweak some of the options to get the exact result you want as I have tailored the listing for condos that are for sale. If you want rental units then you'll need to check the appropriate box.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2012, 11:44 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crestliner View Post
I like the area and almost bought a new home there. Problem is if you plan on going NORTH towards charlotte. Traffic was bad 20 years ago when I was there looking and THE ROAD hasnt really got much better.
Traffic from Steele Creek to uptown has never been "bad", especially 20 years ago.

It gets thick on the more narrow section of I77 after Woodlawn, but it's far from the worst in the city or anything.

Besides, there are several options out of Steele Creek and we don't even know if our OP works uptown.

Old 10-18-2012, 01:52 PM

372 posts, read 658,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Traffic from Steele Creek to uptown has never been "bad", especially 20 years ago.

It gets thick on the more narrow section of I77 after Woodlawn, but it's far from the worst in the city or anything.

Besides, there are several options out of Steele Creek and we don't even know if our OP works uptown.
Considering Steele Creek was still mostly farm land 10 yrs ago, I doubt traffic was bad 20 yrs ago......We moved here in 2002.....love our steele creek area!!! FYI, some people will check CMPD sites regarding crime in the area. For whatever reason, CMPD' "Steele Creek" division covers Nations Ford Road and a good part of South Blvd (both have plenty of crime) which neither are in Steele Creek......

Old 10-18-2012, 03:25 PM

3,115 posts, read 7,131,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glmore View Post
Considering Steele Creek was still mostly farm land 10 yrs ago, I doubt traffic was bad 20 yrs ago......We moved here in 2002.....love our steele creek area!!! FYI, some people will check CMPD sites regarding crime in the area. For whatever reason, CMPD' "Steele Creek" division covers Nations Ford Road and a good part of South Blvd (both have plenty of crime) which neither are in Steele Creek......
We love it here too! I wouldn't live anywhere else in Charlotte. Thanks for pointing out the Nations Ford/Steele Creek division info. This is always a point of argument when I try to tell people about this area. We have very low crime. We moved to Charlotte sort of naively thinking that all areas were fine, and chose Steele Creek for proximity to my husband's office. It was the best accidental decision we've made!

Old 10-18-2012, 06:29 PM

158 posts, read 543,466 times
Thank you everyone for your input! I work in SouthPark area. Don't know how morning commute would be, but drove to Steele Creek from work and it was not bad at all!

Old 10-18-2012, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazira View Post
Thank you everyone for your input! I work in SouthPark area. Don't know how morning commute would be, but drove to Steele Creek from work and it was not bad at all!
Steele Creek to SouthPark is a fine commute - you could do so much worse in the Charlotte metro

Old 10-18-2012, 07:46 PM

3,183 posts, read 7,200,415 times
I guess the word bad is a relative term.The steele creek area is large and conditions do vary. As far as traffic it is today the fastest growing region in the entire county with over a 70% increase in population. private residences and commercial business in just 6 years alone and still growing. To me this means heavy traffic The rural farm roads have not been able to keep up with the growth. These facts come from credible sources (wikipedia)Is it the worse traffic we have? I would say no, but with the projected road improvements some of which being planned not to be finished for another 15 years I will guess traffic may get "bad" at some point not too far in the future. I love the area because I am a boater.Hope this helps

Old 10-18-2012, 09:41 PM

Quote:
I guess the word bad is a relative term.The steele creek area is large and conditions do vary. As far as traffic it is today the fastest growing region in the entire county with over a 70% increase in population. private residences and commercial business in just 6 years alone and still growing. To me this means heavy traffic The rural farm roads have not been able to keep up with the growth. These facts come from credible sources (wikipedia)Is it the worse traffic we have? I would say no, but with the projected road improvements some of which being planned not to be finished for another 15 years I will guess traffic may get "bad" at some point not too far in the future. I love the area because I am a boater.Hope this helps
LOL, I mean really, wikipedia??

You do realize there's a reason college professors won't accept ANYTHING a student gets from that "source" as reliable don't you?

The roads in and out, and around, Steele Creek are hardly "rural farm roads". In fact, the roads in Steele Creek are really nice, about half 4 laned and half 2 laned.

Not trying to argue, but you don't seem to really know the area that well, though I do appreciate your attempts to be helpful

Old 10-18-2012, 10:56 PM

3,183 posts, read 7,200,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
LOL, I mean really, wikipedia??

You do realize there's a reason college professors won't accept ANYTHING a student gets from that "source" as reliable don't you?

The roads in and out, and around, Steele Creek are hardly "rural farm roads". In fact, the roads in Steele Creek are really nice, about half 4 laned and half 2 laned.

Not trying to argue, but you don't seem to really know the area that well, though I do appreciate your attempts to be helpful
I lived and worked in the area for almost 40 years. My family is one of the oldest ones known to the area along with the familys of Harvey b Hunter dairly farms and the Neely family many of which still live in the area.,I almost bought a home across the street from the old Neely homesite. MyGrand Dad would recall when Nations Ford Road was not even paved. I recall the day Olympic opened .I do know the history and have seen the growth which makes me opinionated too much I guess. I do respect anyone's opinions too .Like I said the area is very large and some commutes are no problem but you must admit that if getting on I77 is part of it I wouldnt want that traffic. One little accident can stop or slow traffic for hours going in either direction. We wont even get into the crime increases for the area over all because only a few areas in steel creek cause most of it.The lower end of nations Ford reminds me of Johannesburg and the night of the zombies combined but the OP wasnt asking about this section...If I could afford to move to steele creek where I want to I would pack my bag tonight. The Sanctuary closed gate waterfront development has a nice little river shack on sale right now for.1.6 million.......steele creek has it all for sure. The picture from my boat taken in the steel creek area...I love it
Attached Thumbnails
Steel Creek area questions-img_2139l79.jpg  

Last edited by crestliner; 10-18-2012 at 11:18 PM..

Old 10-19-2012, 06:13 AM

Quote:
I lived and worked in the area for almost 40 years. My family is one of the oldest ones known to the area along with the familys of Harvey b Hunter dairly farms and the Neely family many of which still live in the area.,I almost bought a home across the street from the old Neely homesite. MyGrand Dad would recall when Nations Ford Road was not even paved. I recall the day Olympic opened .I do know the history and have seen the growth which makes me opinionated too much I guess. I do respect anyone's opinions too .Like I said the area is very large and some commutes are no problem but you must admit that if getting on I77 is part of it I wouldnt want that traffic. One little accident can stop or slow traffic for hours going in either direction. We wont even get into the crime increases for the area over all because only a few areas in steel creek cause most of it.The lower end of nations Ford reminds me of Johannesburg and the night of the zombies combined but the OP wasnt asking about this section...If I could afford to move to steele creek where I want to I would pack my bag tonight. The Sanctuary closed gate waterfront development has a nice little river shack on sale right now for.1.6 million.......steele creek has it all for sure. The picture from my boat taken in the steel creek area...I love it
Not sure why you feel you can't afford to move to Steele Creek? It's actually a pretty affordable side of Charlotte.

In any case, we will just have to agree to disagree about traffic and other aspects of the area.

Especially when compared to other popular parts of the metro like Union County and N. Meck, the traffic in Steele Creek or I77 from it are nothing.

Nice pic - I know fishing on Lake Wylie is awesome
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte