Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 06:35 AM

3,914 posts, read 4,977,518 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by krokus View Post
Jeez. Have these people never heard of democracy? You know, it is where you all vote and the guy who gets the most votes is elected.
Hmm GW Bush was first elected even though Al Gore won the popular vote, but I digress.

My question to you, is what if the people in the state vote to leave the USA. What then? In the USA all voting, regardless of whether it's a local, state or federal office, is a matter of the state, not the federal government.

Old 11-13-2012, 06:36 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,661,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
As of yesterday, 20 States wanted to secede. It isn't moronic, it is sending a message.
their message is aged like a fine "whine"

Old 11-13-2012, 06:43 AM

642 posts, read 1,171,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagobears View Post
That's what happened, Obama won and now small percentage republicans want to secede,
No worries by the time they get enough signatures they'll have a republican back in office
then they will withdraw the petition .
I am very reluctant to get into any sort of political discussion since I am not yet a resident of the USA nor am I an American but it seems to me that unless the Republicans find a way to become more acceptable to black and latino voters then they will not get re-elected again.

Old 11-13-2012, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krokus View Post
I am very reluctant to get into any sort of political discussion since I am not yet a resident of the USA nor am I an American but it seems to me that unless the Republicans find a way to become more acceptable to black and latino voters then they will not get re-elected again.
The GOP is doing a wonderful job offending every voting block they need to win the WH.

These old white guys need to stop talking women's issues... what man thought it was a good idea to tell women how to handle pregnancy after rape? Why go there?

Why would you call everyone who voted for Obama a free loading, non taxpaying lazy bum?

I don't know how the GOP operates in NC but on a national level they are really screwing up the balance of power. They need to get it together.

Old 11-13-2012, 07:03 AM

You guys are funny. Still thinking there is any significant difference between the Democratic and Republican political parties.

Old 11-13-2012, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frewroad View Post
You guys are funny. Still thinking there is any significant difference between the Democratic and Republican political parties.
who said anything about significant differences?

Old 11-13-2012, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
who said anything about significant differences?
You did.

Old 11-13-2012, 07:11 AM

642 posts, read 1,171,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frewroad View Post
Currently the main difference seems to be that one got elected and the other did not.

In fact there are differences between political parties.

The sameness comes mainly from the fact that the administration (the gnomes and worker bees pedaling away in the darkness of the departments) can only run the country (any country) one way.

All political parties do is spend money in different ways.

Trust me, it ain't just in the USA that this stuff happens.

Old 11-13-2012, 07:13 AM

OH, well OK then... lol.

Old 11-13-2012, 07:18 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,735,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
The GOP is doing a wonderful job offending every voting block they need to win the WH.

These old white guys need to stop talking women's issues... what man thought it was a good idea to tell women how to handle pregnancy after rape? Why go there?

Why would you call everyone who voted for Obama a free loading, non taxpaying lazy bum?

I don't know how the GOP operates in NC but on a national level they are really screwing up the balance of power. They need to get it together.
Felt, I'm not sure if there's anything the GOP can do at a national level to get the voters back they once had.

The reason is the shifting demographics of our country (and other places around the world).

Face of America is changing _ demographic shift that means elections will look different, too - The Washington Post

This has been going on for years and theres a HUGE chunk of voters the GOP will never get back.

Also, one must realize states like California, Illinois, New York, and other large electoral vote states will never go back Red.

All these factors mean doom at a national level for the GOP.

I honestly don't have a clear enough crystal ball to forsee what it will take for things to change....a good chunk of people in this country like Santa Claus..(aka Govco) to take care of them....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte