Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2012, 08:04 AM

6,319 posts, read 10,355,257 times

Advertisements

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Actually drove past this last night:
Two separate traffic accidents involving injury to officers at I - WBTV 3 News, Weather, Sports, and Traffic for Charlotte, NC

Quote:
CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) -
Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department's Major Crash Unit were working two separate traffic accidents involving injury to officers at Independence Blvd. and Eastway Drive.

On Saturday night around 11:30 two officers from the Providence Division were outbound Independence at Eastway Drive working the scene of a vehicular accident. While investigating the accident, an intoxicated driver failed to heed the officer's emergency lights and struck both officers while they were outside of their vehicles.

Both officers sustained severe injuries to their legs. They were transported to CMC-Main with non-life threatening injuries.

A few hours later early Sunday morning around 2am, Eastway Division Officers were directing traffic for the previous officer involved crash, when a second accident happened.

One police officer was inside of his police vehicle on Independence Blvd. with his emergency lights activated when an intoxicated driver failed to heed his emergency lights and struck the officer's vehicle.
The officer sustained injuries which left him unconscious. He was transported to CMC-Main where he regained consciousness and is currently being evaluated.

Charges are pending in both crashes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2012, 08:21 AM

4,222 posts, read 7,903,517 times
If we had light rail in other areas than South Charlotte, we wouldn't have to be concerned with drunk driving. Taxis are good depending on how far one needs to go, but rail is better.

Old 12-16-2012, 08:33 AM

8,402 posts, read 24,243,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bindibadji View Post
If we had light rail in other areas than South Charlotte, we wouldn't have to be concerned with drunk driving. Taxis are good depending on how far one needs to go, but rail is better.
Try getting a taxi to come out to a place 10 miles from the city. I've had to do it twice, and it took two hours each time.

There's always a crackdown this time of year.

Old 12-16-2012, 08:38 AM

8,402 posts, read 24,243,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
I see part of the problem in the excerpt. It shouldn't take that long to process an accident scene. Being onsite for several hours, especially at that time on a Saturday when a lot of the traffic is coming from downtown bars, exposes all parties to more danger.

I have little experience in accident scenes outside of Charlotte, but have been told by numerous people from other states that we take far too long to clear an accident scene.

Old 12-16-2012, 03:35 PM

3,183 posts, read 7,209,550 times
Quote:
But we would have to worry about the thugs who hang around waiting for victims as they get off along with urine smells and zombies eyeballing you...

Old 12-17-2012, 07:10 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,663,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxnc View Post
I see part of the problem in the excerpt. It shouldn't take that long to process an accident scene. Being onsite for several hours, especially at that time on a Saturday when a lot of the traffic is coming from downtown bars, exposes all parties to more danger.

I have little experience in accident scenes outside of Charlotte, but have been told by numerous people from other states that we take far too long to clear an accident scene.
I often wonder if the Police get paid more when clearing an accident because they really turn it into a production.

Not sure what the procedure is but they seem to follow it to a T at a snails pace.

Old 12-17-2012, 07:12 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,756,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxnc View Post
Try getting a taxi to come out to a place 10 miles from the city. I've had to do it twice, and it took two hours each time.

There's always a crackdown this time of year.
i've taken three charlotte taxis --

one black guy was literally on crack or meth or something, running red lights in the pouring rain and laughing hysterically.

one indian guy got in a wreck, the cops showed up, et cetera

one pakistani guy was an engineer and we talked about politics

1/3 isn't too bad i guess.

Quote:
If we had light rail in other areas than South Charlotte, we wouldn't have to be concerned with drunk driving.
i couldn't help but notice that the light rail stops running at about 1 AM, which makes it somewhat inconvenient.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: