Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 09:02 AM

930 posts, read 2,161,834 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know how to find the name of a property owner in Union County? There is a house in our neighborhood that has been vacant since at least last August. BOA has a sign on the door. We called and "it is not ready to market". She suggested I get in touch with the owner. I have looked up Union County property search and the only way to find anything is with the owner's name. I have looked on every other realtor website that I can find. I know the property address, just not the owner's name so I am coming up against walls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2013, 09:35 AM

537 posts, read 1,768,450 times
have you tried Union County Tax Record Application - Search ?

Old 02-05-2013, 12:14 PM

1,428 posts, read 1,406,916 times
Maybe this will help http://maps.co.union.nc.us/gomaps/
I live in Meck county and it has this system called Geoportal which gives the names of property owners once you type in the address. I guess this would be the same thing.

Old 02-05-2013, 12:57 PM

5,458 posts, read 6,052,691 times
You can use the Union County portal that jaynaydee so helpfully provided in three basic ways.

Owner's name
Address
or parcel number.

For bigger pieces of land the parcel number is the best bet.
You can located the area, then keep increasing the magnification until the parcel numbers are displayed for each parcel.

Old 02-05-2013, 01:06 PM

5,150 posts, read 7,765,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getatag View Post
You can use the Union County portal that jaynaydee so helpfully provided in three basic ways.

Owner's name
Address
or parcel number.

For bigger pieces of land the parcel number is the best bet.
You can located the area, then keep increasing the magnification until the parcel numbers are displayed for each parcel.
And once you have the name you can poke around http://www.unionconcrod.org/ to find out the history such as deed changes which often show in foreclosures.

It is interesting that BOA says it isn't ready for the market and they should check with the owner when BOA might be the owner.

Also, a search on Zillow can also bring details such as owner.

Old 02-05-2013, 02:21 PM

Thank you everyone for the info. I will have to use my son's computer. My mac won't open the website. I don't have the right browser. Zillow doesn't have owner's names. It is my favorite website to look up property. I used to work for a property preservation company that actually worked for a division of BOA. I told her that it was winterized (which means it was vacant), but there was a sign with phone number and website. She still wouldn't give me any information. When I worked for the company I worked for, once the owner vacated the property, it was out of their hands and bank responsibility. She just kept giving me the same canned speech.

Old 02-06-2013, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebalogas View Post
Thank you everyone for the info. I will have to use my son's computer. My mac won't open the website. I don't have the right browser. Zillow doesn't have owner's names. It is my favorite website to look up property. I used to work for a property preservation company that actually worked for a division of BOA. I told her that it was winterized (which means it was vacant), but there was a sign with phone number and website. She still wouldn't give me any information. When I worked for the company I worked for, once the owner vacated the property, it was out of their hands and bank responsibility. She just kept giving me the same canned speech.

My Mac opens it with Firefox

Old 02-06-2013, 06:21 PM

I don't have firefox downloaded on my computer. I already have two browsers on here, so I really don't want to download another.

Old 02-06-2013, 09:08 PM

5,150 posts, read 7,765,861 times
Quote:
I don't have firefox downloaded on my computer. I already have two browsers on here, so I really don't want to download another.
DM me the address and I'll check it for you.

Old 02-07-2013, 04:18 AM

Quote:
I have several browsers and always on the lookout for more. If space isn't an issue you should get it. I've found several sites that only work with certain browsers, or work better (faster) with one than another.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte