Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2013, 04:58 PM

4 posts, read 7,868 times

Advertisements

Thank you in advance for any answers. I have searched the forums and cannot seem to find what I'm looking for. I am moving to the southern Charlotte area and looking for a modern luxury rental. I'm wanting granite countertops, stainless steel appliances, hardwood floors, and an other unique features that make a rental special. I'm really wanting that downtown feel without actually living downtown. From what I've read Ballantyne and Fort Mill/Baxter Village seem to be the southern suburbs that everyone is suggesting. However, all the complexes seem pretty similar. Any upscale rentals that particularly stand out? Thank you again for all your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2013, 06:28 PM
NDL

4,518 posts, read 5,652,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srh427 View Post
Thank you in advance for any answers. I have searched the forums and cannot seem to find what I'm looking for. I am moving to the southern Charlotte area and looking for a modern luxury rental. I'm wanting granite countertops, stainless steel appliances, hardwood floors, and an other unique features that make a rental special. I'm really wanting that downtown feel without actually living downtown. From what I've read Ballantyne and Fort Mill/Baxter Village seem to be the southern suburbs that everyone is suggesting. However, all the complexes seem pretty similar. Any upscale rentals that particularly stand out? Thank you again for all your help!
South Charlotte Apartments | The Apartments at Blakeney Charlotte, NC 28277

^^And apartments in the vicinity, should lean towards what you're looking for.

Old 02-24-2013, 07:43 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,571,777 times
The Residence at Southpark.

Old 02-25-2013, 09:57 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,506,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotteborn View Post
The Residence at Southpark.
^ ^ ^ This.

As far as Ft. Mill . . . that is not a place that comes to my mind in re: to upscale or luxury - it is more a family oriented area that people move to for reasonable housing and decent schools.

Old 02-25-2013, 12:21 PM

194 posts, read 431,143 times
Hawfield Farms is exactly what you are looking for. They are very new and updated and in a great location in Ballantyne....But you will pay for it

Hawfield Farms

16311 Hawfield Way Drive Charlotte, NC 28277

Old 02-25-2013, 07:06 PM

4 posts, read 7,868 times
Thank you for all your suggestions. I made appointments to see both The Residence and Hawfield Farms. Thank you again!! Looking forward to the move.

Old 02-25-2013, 09:19 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,185,051 times
Post Phillips Place, Piedmont Row?

Old 02-26-2013, 01:39 AM

3,914 posts, read 4,975,478 times
I had to read your post twice to determine that you don't mean "modern architecture" i.e. mid-century modern, but rather simply a place that has been updated to what is considered to be updated to the current trends. (i.e. HGTV House Hunters )

There so be no shortage of such places in this city. If I am wrong and you are really looking for modern style architecture, then let us know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte