Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 02:12 PM

620 posts, read 2,119,278 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by duff30329 View Post
OMG ! Five other families followed you, egads!
I'd call that an invasion.
The very first thing I would do is get rid of that horrible NY accent.
If you find it difficult, try not speaking too much. Nothing is more grating on the ear than " you'se guys". You may not sound exactly like this but thats the image that pops in my mind whenever I encounter a NYorker.
Refrain from comparing Charlotte to NY...You have moved into a slice of heaven and forget you ever lived in the North.
If you refrain from being the typical overbearing yankee you will be accepted by locals..( unlike the North where they love to mock the average Southerner)
In the Meanwhile, good luck
Isn't if funny how it is always a Southerner who is the first to mock someone from the North? And you wonder why Southerners are stereotyped as being stupid and ignorant (not that I agree with that, but duff's comment doesn't help to break that stereotype). Just go to the Charlotte.com forums/polls and you will encounter the same thing - someone starts complaing about Yankees and it all goes to hell from there.

And by the way, "you'se guys" is just as bad as "ya'll." Neither are in the dictionary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2007, 05:41 PM

54 posts, read 156,746 times
Default Lakewood, NJ to Charlotte NC

My wife and my three children are considering a move to Charlotte. We want a slow pace. We are planning a week long trip for Spring Break. Where should we start? What areas should we avoid?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC2STAY View Post
My husband, my son (7 yrs. old) and myself, have recently relocated from NY to NC. I did a TON of research before we did this. I researched the entire coast from Maine to Florida and here in Charlotte, NC it was the best choice for us. I did a lot of chating on these kinds of threads during my relocation process and becasue of same, 5 other familes from NY decided to take the plunge - 3 of them have already relocated here, 1 of them is on contract to buy and the last is still looking. I think that is very cool. Talk about the power of persuation, lol! Anyway, I just thought that once I got settled here I would hit the keyboard again and see if there was anyone else I could help in thier quest for information about Charlotte, NC! Happy trails y'all!

Old 03-24-2007, 06:35 PM

26 posts, read 70,641 times
Hi! Yes, we would love any information that you have on Charlotte and the surrounding areas! We are coming from Staten Island, and looking into the Indian trail, Wesley Chapel area as it seems to fit our price range. Any feedback-negative and positive) that you have would be helpful. We have never been there and plan to visit in two weeks. We would like great schools, safe neighborhood, close to Charlotte highways.

Thank you!

Old 03-24-2007, 06:43 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,409,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duff30329 View Post
OMG ! Five other families followed you, egads!
I'd call that an invasion.
The very first thing I would do is get rid of that horrible NY accent.
If you find it difficult, try not speaking too much. Nothing is more grating on the ear than " you'se guys". You may not sound exactly like this but thats the image that pops in my mind whenever I encounter a NYorker.
Refrain from comparing Charlotte to NY...You have moved into a slice of heaven and forget you ever lived in the North.
If you refrain from being the typical overbearing yankee you will be accepted by locals..( unlike the North where they love to mock the average Southerner)
In the Meanwhile, good luck
I thought this was hysterical. Kudos!

Old 03-24-2007, 07:36 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,385,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzy1016 View Post
Hi! Yes, we would love any information that you have on Charlotte and the surrounding areas! We are coming from Staten Island, and looking into the Indian trail, Wesley Chapel area as it seems to fit our price range. Any feedback-negative and positive) that you have would be helpful. We have never been there and plan to visit in two weeks. We would like great schools, safe neighborhood, close to Charlotte highways.

Thank you!

Hey Susie,
we are born and raised brooklyn, lived in Staten Island for 3.5 years, my sister still lives there...we have been in jersey 8 years and are moving to Union County NC in June as our house is now under contract..I have a wonderful realtor if you need one, and go back through alot of the threads alot of great info, all I can say is WOW, I absoultely loved it there when we went to visit, as I have done all my research now almost a year we decided on a place to live...Check out Marvin/Waxhaw...u can go to www.greatschools.net If u need them...If you have ANY questions on this area pls PM me anytime, as I would be glad to answer any of your questions...it certainly can be overwhelming however......we will be there on Spring Break buying a home....well If I can find one I love....lol otherwise we will be homeless...LOL....anyway good luck to you

Old 03-24-2007, 07:37 PM

1,895 posts, read 6,170,034 times
To those requesting info on communities and homes, your realtor should be able to set up a search for you that sends you listings that meet your criteria...it's a great help because you can look at the pictures of the homes and knock some out before you even visit. Let me know if I can help you with this and best of luck

Old 03-24-2007, 08:45 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,385,300 times
Ummm I know I need to make my list.....LOL.....I hope my realtor is ready...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte