Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2013, 08:03 PM

385 posts, read 730,053 times

Advertisements

I just got back from a quick run to the Teeter at Park Rd Shopping Center. I almost ran over a cyclist who was in the left southbound lane on Park Rd.

He wasn't wearing any reflective gear, nor did he have any lighting. I thought he was a drunk or weirdo just riding his bike. I had to swerve!

On my way back home I came across two more- this time one was wearing reflective gear and a light. Passed another one after that.

This thread is not to bash cyclists- but come on. Don't be stupid. Why are cyclists riding in the night on Park Rd???? Especially in the left lane w/out reflective gear or lighting?????

If I would have hit that cyclist, I could have easily killed him. Don't know if he has a family or kids, but he should know better. All of them should know better.

And I would have been charged with manslaughter.

WTF?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2013, 08:20 AM

1,177 posts, read 2,240,512 times
I am a frequent cyclist, and I couldn't agree more.

There's a lot of poorly thought through behavior from cyclists these days. There's too much "space-claiming"; too much focus on making sure everyone else understands, "I have a right to be here, and if you hit me, it's your fault." Yes, that may be true, but you won't be any less injured or dead.

Essentially, many cyclists seem to act like their safety is everyone else's responsibility, therefore there's no need to ride defensively.

Old 06-15-2013, 08:39 AM

7,672 posts, read 12,824,033 times
Speaking of cyclists, I was at a stop sign when I started to turn as there were no cars or anything. When mid turn, out of nowhere a cyclist "ran" the stop sign and cut me off causing me to slam on my brakes and he shot me a finger as he zoomed by. He was NOT at the stop sign when I was there and because of all the trees, he was out of sight till I was already in the turn.

Don't they have to observe traffic laws and stop first?

Old 06-15-2013, 09:22 AM

1,177 posts, read 2,240,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momtothree View Post
Don't they have to observe traffic laws and stop first?
Yes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte