Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 10:09 AM

98 posts, read 816,008 times

Advertisements

i will do it now! thanks.

ps: went to aw shucks last night w/baby & hubby and had a great time!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2006, 02:58 PM

2,290 posts, read 2,470,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC2STAY View Post
To: a1m1700

OH BOY, HERE WE GO… why don’t you exaggerate a l-i-t-t-l-e more. Oh my, the drama begins. Listen, this is how it all happened before we kissed and made up. I hope now after you read this you will understand where I was comin’ from and you can let it go. Don’t dwell on the past, just look for the future.

Now, this is how it all went down for me…
I put my story out there on the thread right, so on comes “shaylahc” and grabs my quote of the following “He told me things like, add the 3rd garage... for resale he said. I was like what? That like 8G's more!?! He said trust me... and boy was he right! I would have died without that 3rd bay now not having a basement! Or when he said... add the bath or add this or that... he always said resale, resale... and ya know what?” After the quote, shaylahc went on to say: “When I was first reading this portion of your post, all I could think is that your realtor wanted a bigger commission I am always suspicious of realtors since ultimately their job is to get you to buy the biggest, most expensive house that money can buy since their paycheck is based strictly on how much you spend. Just an FYI that not all realtors will tell you to buy bigger because they're interested in your well being. Having bought and sold 5 homes in 2 different states, I have seen realtor behavior at its worst. I say in the home buying process, TRUST NO ONE ”
I wrote back re-explaining that Keith’s intention were not like that, i.e. “trust no one”, and I included just some of the things he told us NOT to get in the house, he was trying to help us keep the price of the house LOW! Then on comes you a1m1700 saying, “We know this to be a fact right Charlotte agent?” … and all that was swimming in my head was the quote, “trust no one”. So immediately I thought, why are these people ganging up on me as if to say… yeh, all realtors are bad and they can’t be trusted, thus I got the impression that you all were implying that my realtor was one of those types, etc., which of course upset me greatly and hurt my feeling. So now you know that this was the impression I was getting, but I also was feeling like, why are these people being so mean putting me and my realtor down? I was thinking, why don’t they believe I had a great experience? …and thus our mini-feud began. Now do you see why I thought you were mean and thus I was mean back?

So now a1m1700, chill babe when you say things like: “I wanted to rip you face off”. Aaahhh H-E-L-L-O! NOT! AS IF!!! I have never, ever felt like that towards anyone in my life ever!! …and …in my life: I never had a fight with anyone, I never drank, I never did drugs and I never smoked. As soon as I became a teenage and I could work, I did. I worked every day of the week as much as I could and while a teenage, up until the time I got married and even after I was married every Saturday, during respectable hours, I spent time with my friends, but every Sunday was reserved for just for me and my family. Oh, and guess what age I was the first time I got drunk? I was 27 and I was already married about 6 years by then! LOL! That’s the kind of person I am! So let’s not say things like “rip you face off” anymore, okay? I hope you understand ‘cause I am just not like that.

Thanks man!!!

I didn't read this whole thing it was too long. But I was joking, just a joke. I will never ever say anything like that again. I was joking, just joking promise.

Old 10-15-2006, 07:10 PM

2,314 posts, read 2,832,446 times
So have we locked in a location yet?

Old 10-15-2006, 07:27 PM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,543,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteAgent View Post
So have we locked in a location yet?
I thought 40 or so people were showing up at Markh's house?

(KIDDING!!!)

Old 10-16-2006, 10:35 AM

1,574 posts, read 4,753,814 times
[quote=Miker2069;126902]I thought 40 or so people were showing up at Markh's house?

He did extend an invitation not too long ago......

Okay Mark, how big is your backyard??

Old 10-16-2006, 09:47 PM

348 posts, read 429,922 times
Hey folks! Am back! I had two horribly sick kids the last few weeks, so haven't been on the board. So glad y'all picked up what I started off on! Awesome!

Depending on how many people we gather, we can certainly use my house/yard as long as folks bring some food/drink/chairs with them. I'm in South Charlotte just a few blocks over the Union County border.

Otherwise, I'm also willing to travel to anywhere sporting a clubhouse. I've gotten lots of emails from folks in a panic saying that they are not here in Charlotte yet, but of course, we're aiming for this to not be a one-shot deal!

There's also several public parks that sport those wooden canopy things that we could rent. I think they go for about $90 bucks right here at the Colonel Francis Beatty Park, which we could all chip a few bucks into. THey've got a lake where you can rent boats, playgrounds to keep the kids busy, etc.

All up to you! Let's set a date and a location and get rocking, people!!

Lisa

Old 10-17-2006, 06:44 AM

On the park idea.... If you plan to drink alcohol this is forbidden.

Old 10-17-2006, 08:55 AM

1,574 posts, read 4,753,814 times
Quote:
On the park idea.... If you plan to drink alcohol this is forbidden.

You know my answer to that-Lisaf's yard it is!!

Hey Lisa, sorry to hear about the kids. We battled that a few weeks ago ourselves.

I got a few messages that Sunday afternoon would be better than Saturday. Is that okay with you and anyone else wanting to come?

I can bring chairs and tables if you really are going to offer up your backyard. That's very gracious of you, by the way. Let's not forget the clubhouse option!

We need input fellow transplants!!

Old 10-17-2006, 12:18 PM

Well if its Sunday can we haul the tv to the yard so we can watch the Panthers win!

Old 10-17-2006, 09:41 PM

348 posts, read 429,922 times
Default OK! Let's get that Transplant Party going! Last week in Oct!

Quote:
Well if its Sunday can we haul the tv to the yard so we can watch the Panthers win!
Ha! Ha! Charlotte Agent---I think most men are gonna say, @$%&! that BBQ if we do it on a Sunday! I can assure you that my husband will ignore everyone and be glued to the game! Yikes!!

On the alcohol in the park issue, I read on the park site that it is not forbidden, but that it would require an extra fee. It didn't say what that would be, however. I can check. I'll call them tomorrow to find out costs.

My only concern is that we're heading into a time of year that's getting cooler. Do y'all think it's too chilly to be out in the yard at this stage? And, if it rains, I guess we're all outta luck. Who offered up the $25 club house? Does anyone else have access to a facility like that on the cheap? Am sure a bunch of us would chip in.

Why don't we settle on a date at least and get the headcount--and then we can determine a location. Personally, given football season, I'm thinking we'd be better off with a Saturday date--but I'm totally flexible! Why don't we have a vote? Do we want to say either October 28 (Saturday) or October 29 (Sunday)?

NCMom, I'm assuming you'll be my partner in crime so we can get this gathering off the ground, no?

Whoever is interested, please email me at lisafreem@excite.com. Please include several pieces of info that could help us determine a location:

1) Your name
2) Name and number of family members that would attend (ages of any kids)
3) Preference 10/28 (Sat) or 10/29 (Sun) or Don't care, either is fine
4) Where in Charlotte you live
5) Email address
6) If you're not in Charlotte yet, when will you arrive?

Looking forward to hearing from everyone! I'm gonna send this out as a new thread as we are now buried under 5 pages of stuff here!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte