Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 03:27 PM

1 posts, read 7,189 times

Advertisements

Hello, I'm new to the Charlotte area and have been looking for an affordable but good barber in the south Charlotte area. I had a great old fashioned straight razor barber shop back in Atlanta that charged about $17 for a cut. I'm hoping to find something that is in that range where they give you a good quality cut. I live in Fort Mill but work in Charlotte off Tyvola near the old Coliseum. Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2007, 04:23 PM

2,152 posts, read 6,802,782 times
Not sure if you're flexible on your price point, but I go to Roosters in Charlotte and have paid more than I used to at Great Clips, but they have cold beer, soda, or bottled water "complimentary" and the same people seem to always be there and they are very thorough. They offer straight razor shaves and hot towel wraps. They even do a male manicure if you're into that. They charge like $27.00 for a cut and shampoo.

~ Roosters ~ Men's Grooming Centers

Good luck

Old 08-28-2007, 07:35 PM

1,013 posts, read 2,985,940 times
Holy crap!

I go to an old time shop in my state...........$8.00 plus a tip.

Old 08-29-2007, 07:53 PM

295 posts, read 1,298,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike409 View Post
Holy crap!

I go to an old time shop in my state...........$8.00 plus a tip.
I'm with ya. I went to the same old Italian barber every month for the last 10+ years at $15 per when I left. I've gone to Rooster's, too, for my last 3 cuts and its ok. Price is a flat $30 - tip is extra. No appointment is necessary, which is nice, but you can if you want.

I'd go somewhere else if they came up with a good alternative - but in the mean time they're adequate and convenient.

Old 08-30-2007, 06:43 AM

47 posts, read 217,925 times
Cool Sportsclips

If you need a great haircut at a fair price it has to be Sportsclips.It's a full service shop with their best package offering: A haircut, Hot towel facial massage, Back (upper) massage and a shampoo(at the end so you don't leave with little pieces of hair everywhere, all for $20. It a great deal and they have differnt packages also. The best part is the place is decked out in all sports stuff with a TV in every stall on ESPN, or whichever game is on. There are several locations so see the web page. They also give you a receipt at the end with a code on it and you register on-line with the code and you get $3.00 off your next visit. Not a bad deal. The woman who cuts my hair knows her sports too! I go to the one in the Mall area at Providence road and Ballentyne Commons.

Old 08-30-2007, 07:05 AM

4,729 posts, read 19,432,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgator View Post
Hello, I'm new to the Charlotte area and have been looking for an affordable but good barber in the south Charlotte area. I had a great old fashioned straight razor barber shop back in Atlanta that charged about $17 for a cut. I'm hoping to find something that is in that range where they give you a good quality cut. I live in Fort Mill but work in Charlotte off Tyvola near the old Coliseum. Any suggestions?
I also live in Fort Mill but work off Tyvola. There is an old fashioned barber on Main St in Fort Mill if that is what you are looking for. Other than that, you can go to Aveda in South End (5-10 minutes from Tyvola) or any other numerous franchise locations. There is also No Grease, but none on this side if town and they have a schoold that does cuts for $6. I believe it's in Sharon Amity.

Old 08-31-2007, 10:45 AM

2,536 posts, read 9,215,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgator View Post
hey there scgator - for what it's worth...my Dad lives over in the Ballantyne area of Charlotte, NC..yet drives over here to Fort Mill to get his hair cut. It is the same one that groove1 mentions above...it is Fort Mill Barber Shop, located at 230 Main St.

Fort Mill Barber Shop, 230 Main St, Fort Mill, SC on Yahoo! Local

Good Luck to you and Welcome to the area!

Old 08-31-2007, 11:52 AM

11 posts, read 36,244 times
I personally enjoy GREAT CLIPS myself. If you can catch some of their direct mail and other coupons, you might get away with a $10 hair cut!

Welcome to QC!

Old 08-31-2007, 03:23 PM

4,729 posts, read 19,432,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greasycharlotte View Post
I personally enjoy GREAT CLIPS myself. If you can catch some of their direct mail and other coupons, you might get away with a $10 hair cut!

Welcome to QC!
Sometimes they send out the 6.99 copuns too which I use.

Old 08-31-2007, 08:42 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,971,298 times
A barber works at Esther's Hairstyling. The shop is just off of Hwy 21 in Fort Mill ... 158 Flint Hill Road ...Tel:548-1940 ... I don't know what he charges.

Mitchell's Barber Shop on 2101 Mt. Gallant Road in Rock Hill is a two chair barber shop ... Jack and his brother are the barbers ... the haircuts are either $7 or $8 ... they have been here forever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte