Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2014, 04:38 PM

1 posts, read 1,022 times

Advertisements

Greetings Everyone! I am a proud US Marine Corp wife. My husband and I along with our two daughters ( ages 7 and 1) will be relocating to the Monroe area where he will be working as a recruiter. His co-workers have suggested that we look into moving into the Waxhaw or Indian Trail areas as he will be canvassing at schools in those areas. I was wondering if I can could get a general idea of what the schools are like in these areas and some suggested areas to look in for housing. We will be in the area in about 12 days with 10 days to locate housing for our family. We will most likely be renting as we will be there anywhere from 1 to 3 years. We would like to be in an area that has alot of families and children in the area, as well as schools that offer family activities. Any suggestions or comments are welcome. Thank you so much for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2014, 08:02 PM

129 posts, read 208,512 times
Hi! I'm sure others will chime in. Union County is a beautiful place to live, and there are many choices for young families. Them telling him to stay closer to Indian Trail and Waxhaw is pretty spot on. Monroe can be very rural in some parts and a little bit gritty in others. Weddington is another beautiful area, but very very expensive. You could also look into Matthews, Stallings or Wesley Chapel in Union County as a close option for him, with affordable options and some rentals here and again. Sadly, the rental market has priced us out and has exploded in cost over the last few years.

I would advise you to research this forum for re-redistricting, as there is a huge controversy going on in Union right now on this and it's important for you to understand. You may want to start doing a rental search in the areas above and see what comes back so folks can give you more targeted information on schools in that area.

Good luck, have a safe trip.

Old 05-09-2014, 01:52 PM

46 posts, read 68,733 times
I agree with the above. Try to rent until the school situation is resolved. Unfortunately rentals are very high in the areas with the highest rated schools. You really can't go wrong with any of the schools near Waxhaw.

Old 05-09-2014, 04:17 PM

930 posts, read 2,161,194 times
If he is going to be working in Monroe there are several options in Union County. Porter Ridge Schools, Piedmont Schools are good schools. Sun Valley used to be, but I'm not sure about that anymore. In our area, there isn't the issue of redistricting unless you are too close to Monroe. If you want to PM me I can give you specific information if you fnd an area you are interested in. It is not as expensive to rent or buy in this area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte