Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2014, 06:00 PM

847 posts, read 1,351,035 times

Advertisements

Hi all. Need to buy tires for my wife's care and even though I have been here for a little over four years, I am yet to track down a good place to buy tires.

Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2014, 07:28 PM

2,348 posts, read 3,461,335 times
I've actually gotten the best deals at the Firestone place on Williamson, near the Lowe's Foods. Bought a couple of sets there at a very fair price and been happy with the service any other time I've been in there. They'll send coupons as well after you visit the first time. Also bought a couple of sets from Discount Tire but the experience has never been that great and neither is the price IMO.

Tire Kingdom is an awful place; I'd rather ride on a flat tire than stop there.

Old 08-29-2014, 08:05 AM

207 posts, read 354,361 times
Tire Rack online. Shipped to you or your local shop for mounting. Cheap, great advice online or phone, ratings online. Everything really.

Old 08-29-2014, 08:48 AM

983 posts, read 2,540,741 times
How any or these places compare to Sams Club or BJs? I bought from Costco before and was happy with them but we don't have one close enough.

Old 08-29-2014, 11:47 AM

8,876 posts, read 13,907,158 times
I used to buy all of my tires (Cooper brand) from Accel Tire on North Main Street near town hall. But, I hear they've recently given up that location and it's now the new home of Mooresville Service Center.

If Accel doesn't have a new shop in town, then I'll go up to their other shop off Garner Bagnal Blvd in Statesville.

That's how much I like them. They're not a fancy shop, but they do a good job at good prices.

Old 08-29-2014, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnc48 View Post
Tire Rack online. Shipped to you or your local shop for mounting. Cheap, great advice online or phone, ratings online. Everything really.

They aren't so cheap once you have to pay $200 to have them shipped. The tires I am looking at ended up being far more when that is factored in.

Old 08-29-2014, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
I used to buy all of my tires (Cooper brand) from Accel Tire on North Main Street near town hall. But, I hear they've recently given up that location and it's now the new home of Mooresville Service Center.

If Accel doesn't have a new shop in town, then I'll go up to their other shop off Garner Bagnal Blvd in Statesville.

That's how much I like them. They're not a fancy shop, but they do a good job at good prices.

This sounds like what I have been looking for since I moved to NC. When I lived in VA, there was a little locally owned shop that I always went to for everything. They were fair, honest, and, cheap, and very good at working on automobiles; never any complaints.

When we first moved here, my wife took one of our vehicles to Griffin Brothers to have some work done to it while I was working out of town. As far as I knew, it only needs brake pad and possibly rotors. They ended up putting pads, rotors, axle joints, and a few other things in the front end of the car which by the way was only 6 years old. I almost had a heart attack when she told me she paid them just shy of $2400!! Even if the car did need everything they did to it, all that work at the place in VA would have cost me $800 tops.

Old 08-29-2014, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happehart View Post
How any or these places compare to Sams Club or BJs? I bought from Costco before and was happy with them but we don't have one close enough.
I am a Sam's Club member and have bought tires in the past and did look there. They still seemed to be well priced.

Old 08-29-2014, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Howl View Post
I've actually gotten the best deals at the Firestone place on Williamson, near the Lowe's Foods. Bought a couple of sets there at a very fair price and been happy with the service any other time I've been in there. They'll send coupons as well after you visit the first time. Also bought a couple of sets from Discount Tire but the experience has never been that great and neither is the price IMO.

Tire Kingdom is an awful place; I'd rather ride on a flat tire than stop there.

I think I will end up going to Firestone after looking at all the places you suggested as well as few more. They seem to have the best price for good tires.

Old 08-29-2014, 01:13 PM

128 posts, read 242,170 times
I have gotten a really good deal at Tire Kingdom. I do figure out what tire I want to buy before I show up at any of the tire stores. The Hook Goodyear Stores are not bad either.

Last edited by EricNC; 08-29-2014 at 02:37 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte