Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2014, 01:01 AM

62 posts, read 83,622 times

Advertisements

Hello,
I finally got my job transfer to Charloote, specifically Mecklenburg County. I will be flying down this Saturday to see houses. I specifically asked the realtor about 10-15 minutes from my job. She recommended Matthews at very nice area to buy a home.

I was told by people to rent a room and look around the area myself or rent an apartment on month to month lease. Are there apt complexes with month to month rentals or rooms for rent.

Just need time to find and close on a house. Time is running out. Just found out today my move is effective Oct 1, so I have to be packed and in NC. Find somewhere to live by Oct 1.

Can anyone recommended a nice room( I have never lived in a room) I refuse to sleep or use someone else beds. I would rather go the cheapest route. I have to continue pay $1600 a month in rent in NYC until lease ends Nov 30.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2014, 06:17 AM

2,925 posts, read 3,340,256 times
You should post this in the Charlotte sub forum to get answers and recommendations from folk who live in the Charlotte area.

As far as short term rentals you could consider an extended stay for a month. Some apartment complexes will do a 3 month lease not sure if you will find a one month lease. Again, locals on the Charlotte forum can give you the name of specific places to call or look. Good luck.

Old 09-09-2014, 09:45 AM

4,620 posts, read 14,984,152 times
I echo Sal_M's recommendation to consider an extended-stay hotel rather than renting a room or apartment since time will be so short it makes sense not to get into any sort of rental/lease agreement. Regarding location, that all depends on where in Charlotte/Mecklenburg your job will be ... which also makes a difference about where to househunt. Indeed, Matthews is nice, but you won't have a short commute if your job is on a different side of Charlotte.

Old 09-09-2014, 10:23 AM

286 posts, read 689,026 times
Where will your job be located ...

Old 09-09-2014, 10:32 AM

983 posts, read 2,541,943 times
I think you need to rent something for at least 3 months to get used to the area before you buy anything.. Matthews has rental complex, Ballantyne has them as well.. I am sure you can find a small one bedroom or studio for rent.. just go look on Craigslist.. Depending on where your job is and your drive, you will be able to select an area to look for a home. You shouldn't buy that fast.. slow down and take a deep breath so you can buy something good in an area you will enjoy.

Old 09-09-2014, 10:45 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishie723 View Post
Hello,
I finally got my job transfer to Charloote, specifically Mecklenburg County. I will be flying down this Saturday to see houses. I specifically asked the realtor about 10-15 minutes from my job. She recommended Matthews at very nice area to buy a home.

I was told by people to rent a room and look around the area myself or rent an apartment on month to month lease. Are there apt complexes with month to month rentals or rooms for rent.

Just need time to find and close on a house. Time is running out. Just found out today my move is effective Oct 1, so I have to be packed and in NC. Find somewhere to live by Oct 1.

Can anyone recommended a nice room( I have never lived in a room) I refuse to sleep or use someone else beds. I would rather go the cheapest route. I have to continue pay $1600 a month in rent in NYC until lease ends Nov 30.
Mishie, you can get short term housing in some nice apt complexes in Charlotte.

Even if you have all cash, it can be hard to find a home and close on it in 30 days! Why not take a 3 month lease somewhere nice and give yourself time to look around?

Old 09-09-2014, 01:32 PM

527 posts, read 744,552 times
Forget extended stay... you'll be much more comfortable doing a month to month in a corporate apartment.

Check this link --> Short-Term Rentals and Furnished Apartments For Rent - CorporateHousing.com

Old 09-10-2014, 05:18 AM

430 posts, read 804,310 times
When I moved down here, I got an apartment at Camden Ballantyne on a 3 month lease. This allowed my family time to find a home. Not sure if other Camden locations do short term leases, but at the time we were also looking at Camden Stonecrest.

Old 09-10-2014, 06:45 AM

821 posts, read 1,854,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaxhawMike View Post
Forget extended stay... you'll be much more comfortable doing a month to month in a corporate apartment.

Check this link --> Short-Term Rentals and Furnished Apartments For Rent - CorporateHousing.com

Great advice.

Old 09-10-2014, 11:27 AM

3 posts, read 4,549 times
My friend is the new property manager at Belle Haven Apartment Luxury Apartments for Rent in Charlotte, NC | Belle Haven Apartments
They are really nice apartments. If you take a look ask for Joanne and tell her I sent you. Good luck with your relocation to Charlotte.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte