Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2014, 09:23 PM

35 posts, read 67,404 times

Advertisements

My house has been on the market since June, with no offers. And almost no showings! I think there's been a total of 15, and only 5 since mid August.

We moved out of state after it was on the market two months, and dropped the price then. And again. We're listed at what our realtor says is competitive, the house shows well, and still no one has gone to see it!

I live(d) in Highland Creek. I don't know if it's the traffic problems with 485 coming, or the rep of the Mecklenburg schools or what.. but it's getting really expensive to have two mortgages.

I loved Highland Creek and would move back. I don't know why houses are sitting on the market there for so long. (Well, not all of them. the ones in the $200K range and less are doing very well. I just can't go that low.)

And with no one seeing it, I don't know the problem that's stopping them. If we had showings and got feedback I'd have something to work with, but right now I'm stuck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2014, 05:11 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,215,148 times
Highland Creek is not as hot as many neighborhoods. Also there is an inventory of short sales and foreclosures in there that is getting churned up before regular sales go.

Why not rent it out?

Old 11-12-2014, 06:14 AM

8 posts, read 9,677 times
Not in my neighborhood. Folks are getting multiple above listing offers right away.

Old 11-12-2014, 06:49 AM

110 posts, read 158,018 times
Things look bad here in Union County ...a ton on the market and nothing moving. It looks like the rental market it growing in these parts. Maybe consider renting it out.

Old 11-12-2014, 06:52 AM

314 posts, read 676,167 times
That's strange that you are not getting any showings if its priced well. Have you checked the mls sheet to be sure there are no errors that may be preventing your home from showing up in searches? Or perhaps the pictures need to be redone? If its vacant perhaps staging would help it show better. Or maybe the surrounding homes look unkempt or your lot might be the issue (sloping, size, etc).

Average time on market is less than 2 months in HC.

Old 11-12-2014, 09:28 AM

1,055 posts, read 2,128,671 times
Have an open house. Also, one of the things my realtor did while I was searching for a home last summer was to give the listing agent feedback on what I liked or disliked about any house and pass it on to the seller. And I looked at well over 50 houses. A good realtor would do that. I know you haven't had many showings but certainly there should be some feedback from the ones you had. If not, your realtor is not doing his/her job.

BTW, I still keep in touch with my realtor and asked him last week how sales were going. He said "they are selling like crazy"...

Old 11-12-2014, 10:01 AM

7,672 posts, read 12,827,472 times
I know you said your realtor said it's priced well but have you looked at your competition's mls listing? Check them out at CarolinaHome.com | Home Page (not plural) It's the official MLS site for NC. Are any repairs needed that might be turning away buyers? Good pictures of the property?

Also are you close to the dirt farm? When I was looking in that area, that was a hot topic. Along with being on one side of Highland Creek for the better schools. If you are on the other side, could be that the inventory on the better school side are going first. I just took a quick look and there are 61 homes for sale in Highland Creek with only 12 of those in the Cabbarrus county side.

A lot of reasons.

Old 11-12-2014, 10:33 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,648,625 times
This means you need to lower the price some more.

Old 11-12-2014, 11:00 AM

110 posts, read 158,018 times
Just talked to a local Realtor today and he said the last 8 weeks have been absolutely dead for him & his sellers. Maybe things will pick up after the Holidays. It is a tough time of year to sell.

Old 11-12-2014, 11:16 AM

2,778 posts, read 5,168,549 times
Not the best time of the year for home sales so you either drop your price more or wait until spring time...

Best of luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: