Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2009, 08:17 PM

201 posts, read 968,435 times

Advertisements

Hey guys...so it's about time for me to get new glasses and contacts...don't need anything super high end....is there a good place to go? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2009, 10:07 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moremoremore View Post
Hey guys...so it's about time for me to get new glasses and contacts...don't need anything super high end....is there a good place to go? Thanks!
Man, are you getting all your medical needs met in one week or what??? LOL!!

Hey, I like the optomitrist at Sam's Club in Windsor Square (Matthews), Dr. Spoto. Not to mention, the contact lenses there are half what they cost in other doctor's offices. My son just got a year's supply for $238.00 after I took his Rx there - Horizon Eye Care, where he sees the eye doctor, wanted that amount for a SIX month supply of contacts!

Old 01-16-2009, 05:21 AM

285 posts, read 800,340 times
We use lenscrafters in the mall, because they repair for free, and thats essential for a 7yr boy

for me, I use Dr. Greenman in Charlotte (off 16) For more serious issues for my eyes. Its a father and 2 sons, they are FABULOUS

Old 01-16-2009, 05:46 AM

1,921 posts, read 2,017,642 times
I walked out of Visionworks awhile back when I tried to take advantage of some coupon they had, and they kept trying to upsell me. I then went to Costco in Matthews and got what I wanted much cheaper, including the cost of joining.

Old 02-09-2009, 06:55 PM

201 posts, read 968,435 times
LOL Loves...I actually was since I FINALLY got a job after ONLY about 8 months LOL and needed to get it all done...and husband's benefits finally kicked in since being converted to a full time employee! I actually go back for the perm. crown tomorrow to Mathew's Dental and am not even nervous Loves!

Thanks for the info guys....I actually did end up going to visionworks and lenscrafters and couldn't find any nice glasses for my big head I did the exam at lenscrafters and think I'm going to get the contacts online or at Sams...I'm having trouble find a good selection of big head glasses though

Old 02-09-2009, 07:39 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moremoremore View Post
LOL Loves...I actually was since I FINALLY got a job after ONLY about 8 months LOL and needed to get it all done...and husband's benefits finally kicked in since being converted to a full time employee! I actually go back for the perm. crown tomorrow to Mathew's Dental and am not even nervous Loves!

Thanks for the info guys....I actually did end up going to visionworks and lenscrafters and couldn't find any nice glasses for my big head I did the exam at lenscrafters and think I'm going to get the contacts online or at Sams...I'm having trouble find a good selection of big head glasses though
Sam's has the best price on contacts I've found anywhere

Good luck tomorrow with that dental work!! So glad your hubby is back at work - that's just awesome.

Old 02-09-2009, 09:37 PM

85 posts, read 292,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddySpice View Post
I walked out of Visionworks awhile back when I tried to take advantage of some coupon they had, and they kept trying to upsell me. I then went to Costco in Matthews and got what I wanted much cheaper, including the cost of joining.
I'll second the vote for Costco. We recently had two in our family price glasses at Walmart and Costco. Costco was at least $100 cheaper on each pair. Took about 1 week from order to call saying they were ready...about the same as Walmart. Haven't priced contacts yet....that will be later when the daughter comes home for spring break.

Old 05-10-2015, 08:24 PM

117 posts, read 200,124 times
I got great glasses at Costco, too. Fast turn around.You should check them out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte