Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2015, 08:06 AM

370 posts, read 543,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooksmom View Post
It might have helped her IF she'd offered to look for a job or work...but she didn't, regardless of situation. She just wanted FREE...FREE...FREE. She got plenty of good answers to her question, too. You cannot please everyone or dictate what they write...I WISH it was possible.
Again, you have no clue what her situation is. She doesn't need to list her entire resume when asking a question about public housing. She isn't applying for your approval. She is simply searching for an answer to a question. Check your privilege at the door.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2015, 08:08 AM

4,639 posts, read 6,376,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loshogan View Post
again, you have no clue what her situation is. She doesn't need to list her entire resume when asking a question about public housing. She isn't applying for your approval. She is simply searching for an answer to a question. Check your privilege at the door.
+1,000,000

Old 06-08-2015, 08:11 AM

1,154 posts, read 1,424,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebalogas View Post
Wow. So quick to judge. You have no idea what her story is. Just because someone is 21, single and unemployed doesn't mean that was her situation 6 months ago. I am happy for you that your life has been so great. Some of us have been unemployed or homeless not becauses of our own actions. She asked for help, not for judgement. Sorry everyone else. I just get so tired of reading this board and seeing people be so mean to each other. This board is for quesitons and answers.
Maybe if YOU take the time to see her other posts, she is also looking for a FREE pregnancy test...and there is a long and irresponsible story that goes along with that and the 'baby daddy' IF she is in fact pregnant. I have little sympathy as she chose NOT to use any birth control and has multiple answers about methods available that she could have used once she knew she had sex with a random guy she met at a party (like the morning after pill which....drum roll....COSTS $$). She is going to a MD on her mom's insurance today to see if she is pregnant...as the Dollar Store tests aren't inexpensive enough for her liking. IF you have so much empathy for her...TAKE HER AND THEY KIDS INTO YOUR HOME...or send her a big fat CHECK!

Old 06-08-2015, 09:21 AM

2,936 posts, read 2,333,000 times
I think everyone needs to take a moment and look at her other thread. At this point in time the OP doesn't even know if she's pregnant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaostar View Post
Besides conventional homeless shelters or section 8, which takes forever, is there any completely free housing program designed for single mothers under the age of 25 (I am 21) who are unemployed? Thank you.
As I told you in your other thread, there isn't much available and ANYTHING that is has a wait list. There aren't FREE empty apartments just sitting around waiting for people to move in.

Old 06-08-2015, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosHogan View Post
Again, you have no clue what her situation is. She doesn't need to list her entire resume when asking a question about public housing. She isn't applying for your approval. She is simply searching for an answer to a question. Check your privilege at the door.
Oh But I DO have a clue! She had detailed her whole life on another thread as in 9 pages of comments and her BS answers. I'm betting she moved on to THIS thread because she didn't get any more sympathy on that one.
The rest of comment isn't even worth my commenting on...I call 'em as I see 'em and she's a 'user' of the System and probably a 2nd or 3rd generation one!
You DO realize that in posting on City-Data you open a wealth of information as to who you are via the internet??? Certainly nobody is that ignorant these days.

Last edited by mooksmom; 06-08-2015 at 09:42 AM.. Reason: more to add

Old 06-08-2015, 09:41 AM

13,368 posts, read 27,015,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeHa View Post
I think everyone needs to take a moment and look at her other thread. At this point in time the OP doesn't even know if she's pregnant.
I don't want to judge this young woman, but her initial post did set my teeth on edge. However, if she is pregnant, the free option might include a maternity home such as Angel House: http://www.angelhousematernityhome.org/home0.aspx The Florence Crittenden Home is also still functioning in Charlotte: http://www.fcsnc.org/admissions/

Maternity homes often expect that the mother will relinquish the child for adoption or at least give serious thought to adoption. If she doesn't relinquish, they will help her get on her feet. They also require the mother to apply for State Maternity Funds through the local Department of Social Services.

Last edited by goldenage1; 06-08-2015 at 10:08 AM..

Old 06-08-2015, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooksmom View Post
Oh But I DO have a clue! She had detailed her whole life on another thread as in 9 pages of comments and her BS answers. I'm betting she moved on to THIS thread because she didn't get any more sympathy on that one.
Thanks for pointing out the other thread.

Old 06-08-2015, 10:08 AM

7,672 posts, read 12,811,485 times
And this is why the real needy ones that genuinely can use the help and will use it effectively gets judged. Because of people like the OP who ruins it for everyone. Utterly disgusting and quite disappointing. I feel so badly for the people around her that have to deal with her.

Old 06-08-2015, 10:26 AM

Here is the information about the State Maternity Fund, saying that it *may* provide housing if the mother is unable to remain in her own home. Whether there are funds available, and whether the OP qualifes may be a different story.

NC DSS: Pregnancy Servcies

Old 06-08-2015, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenage1 View Post
Thanks for pointing out the other thread.
You're welcome...I DO my homework on here. I don't have a heart of stone, but have taken 'care' of these peeps my whole life and am TIRED of the 3rd Generation of them bleeding the System dry.
Then, the day comes, and one of US (peeps who worked from the time they were age 15 on) and we cannot get any help because we are clueless about HOW the System works! IF the OP was truly in need (where is the Mom she speaks about who won't even give her a ride to the drug store??) or even wanted to find out IF she is preg-o she'd WALK to the Dollar Store and buy a handful of pregnancy test as I'm betting she'll be needing them in the future...regardless of her pregnancy status THIS month.
WHO's caring for baby #1??
SO MANY good women who WANT to care for a child and cannot get pregnant and this 'alleycat' is going to have them one after another.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: