Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2015, 07:52 PM

7,672 posts, read 12,822,090 times

Advertisements

On my way home tonight I saw what looked like a fox. I googled it a bit and turned out it looks mostly like a coyote. Then I stumbled on this page:

Canadian Geese

I had to laugh at some of the "advice" given in this page. I have been attacked by geese before (common in FL) but this was the first time I saw advice given on a county government page. This one in particular:

Quote:
If there is a goose outside of a business that you work that refuses to let you get to the main door, then go in through another door to avoid confrontation.
Or this:

Quote:
If a goose flies toward your face duck and move at a right angle to the direction of flight while maintaining your front toward the goose.
Good to know Charmeck is looking out for us!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2015, 10:31 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,688,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momtothree View Post
On my way home tonight I saw what looked like a fox. I googled it a bit and turned out it looks mostly like a coyote. Then I stumbled on this page:

Canadian Geese

I had to laugh at some of the "advice" given in this page. I have been attacked by geese before (common in FL) but this was the first time I saw advice given on a county government page. This one in particular:

Or this:

Good to know Charmeck is looking out for us!
Actually, it would have never occurred to me that a Canadian goose in a city would be wild.

I'm serious. There are Canadian geese in the Delaware Valley who have been there since the 70s, migrating back & forth across the river. They're sort of like extra loud, super messy, over-sized pigeons.

I really haven't noticed Canadian geese here, just buzzards. I know they're wild.

It wasn't the reaction you expected, but thanks for posting that.

Old 07-17-2015, 10:38 PM

7,672 posts, read 12,822,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
Actually, it would have never occurred to me that a Canadian goose in a city would be wild.

I'm serious. There are Canadian geese in the Delaware Valley who have been there since the 70s, migrating back & forth across the river. They're sort of like extra loud, super messy, over-sized pigeons.

I really haven't noticed Canadian geese here, just buzzards. I know they're wild.

It wasn't the reaction you expected, but thanks for posting that.
I Was surprised to see a page dedicated to it too. The advice made me laugh though. I know some farms used geese as 'guard' dogs as they are pretty effective.

Old 07-18-2015, 10:43 AM

23,814 posts, read 34,688,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momtothree View Post
I Was surprised to see a page dedicated to it too. The advice made me laugh though. I know some farms used geese as 'guard' dogs as they are pretty effective.
I know about farmers using geese for that. One of my uncles had one years ago.

My experience with the Canadian geese has been with the semi-tame ones who are more likely to beg for food if they see someone with food.

Old 07-18-2015, 01:50 PM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,731,477 times
Canada Geese.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte