Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2016, 04:02 PM

11 posts, read 38,161 times

Advertisements

Thanks everybody for your valuable input. I really appreciated everybody chiming in. After so much research we decided to move to Bexley Apartments at Providence. I must say that apartments are really good, community is good, management is good so far and they have a really nice pool area where a lot of people hang out, including our family.

Please feel free to reach me if anybody needs info about Bexley and surrounding area. FYI, this place is closer to I-485 light rail which is perfect if you plan to commute to uptown. The light rail runs into Wells building, so there is absolutely no walking after getting out of the train (very convenient).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2016, 09:47 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,184,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desi_Parents View Post
Thanks everybody for your valuable input. I really appreciated everybody chiming in. After so much research we decided to move to Bexley Apartments at Providence. I must say that apartments are really good, community is good, management is good so far and they have a really nice pool area where a lot of people hang out, including our family.

Please feel free to reach me if anybody needs info about Bexley and surrounding area. FYI, this place is closer to I-485 light rail which is perfect if you plan to commute to uptown. The light rail runs into Wells building, so there is absolutely no walking after getting out of the train (very convenient).

Providence Road is not really considered "close" to the light rail. At the correct time of day, you can drive uptown on Providence Road faster than driving I-485 and parking at South Blvd to take the light rail.

Old 09-11-2016, 06:43 AM

1,508 posts, read 2,979,530 times
There is CATS express bus service up Providence as well.

Old 09-11-2016, 12:16 PM

152 posts, read 193,636 times
Bexley at Providence is down in Ballantyne. Providence Rd. West, not The Providence.

Old 09-11-2016, 12:28 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,184,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 28226 View Post
Bexley at Providence is down in Ballantyne. Providence Rd. West, not The Providence.
I had it confused with this one Bexley at Springs Farm Apartments in South Charlotte, NC at Providence Road and Highway 51

Old 09-15-2016, 11:54 AM

398 posts, read 984,534 times
Quote:

Good apartments; I've lived here before. Back then, it was a major pain to take left turn onto Johnston road and then to I-485 -- believe its easier to get onto I-485 ramp now.

Old 09-15-2016, 11:55 AM

398 posts, read 984,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-LI View Post
Providence Road is not really considered "close" to the light rail. At the correct time of day, you can drive uptown on Providence Road faster than driving I-485 and parking at South Blvd to take the light rail.
He could go the other route... lancaster highway to South blvd. instead of Johnston + I-458.

Old 09-16-2016, 10:48 AM

6,772 posts, read 4,519,579 times
I'd pick Ballantyne. There's a light rail station nearby.

Old 09-17-2016, 04:57 PM

11 posts, read 14,176 times
Quote:

Welcome to Ballantyne! Glad you found a great place to live and commute from. Have you tried The Blue Taj restaurant in Ballantyne yet? We love the food there!

Old 09-20-2016, 12:08 PM

4 posts, read 4,015 times
Hi everyone,

Don't mean to hijack the post, but while we are at it, I would like to know which other areas in and around south of Charlotte, apart from Ballantyne, have good districts, popular among Indians and have a decent commute (30-40 minutes) to uptown. Ballantyne area is great, but it is very expensive for buying. Heard good things about Matthews in the forum, but was wondering about other options. Appreciate your responses. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by me_ps; 09-20-2016 at 12:11 PM.. Reason: added more info
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte