Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2016, 09:08 PM
NDL

4,516 posts, read 5,642,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankys bbq View Post
Should something happen to Charlotte, I feel like the needed resources would be available and quite obvious. To assume CMPD has too little available resources may be a little naive or even ignorant.
Ignorant?

I have a high opinion of CMPD officers.

Anyone familiar with this City is well aware that the officers are stretched thin.

When I said that the City is limited on resources, it spoke to the lack of physical manpower, not the lack of equipment or technological prowess.

Because you're in a high crime area, you might see more officers than do residents in other parts of Charlotte.

I do not have this opinion of areas in Gaston County, or York County, SC, which are fairly well policed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2016, 10:00 PM

2,348 posts, read 3,461,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDL View Post
Ignorant?

I have a high opinion of CMPD officers.

Anyone familiar with this City is well aware that the officers are stretched thin.

When I said that the City is limited on resources, it spoke to the lack of physical manpower, not the lack of equipment or technological prowess.

Because you're in a high crime area, you might see more officers than do residents in other parts of Charlotte.

I do not have this opinion of areas in Gaston County, or York County, SC, which are fairly well policed.
Agreed. It's not the quality of the officer it's the number, as compared to population, that's an issue IMO. The department hasn't grown as the general population has.

Old 06-13-2016, 04:37 AM

6,420 posts, read 6,520,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
Yup, that's the title of a new TV show based on real murders in Charlotte. Um, I'm lost for words on this one.

Sounds very interesting.

Old 06-13-2016, 05:23 AM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,723,610 times
Long time City Data followers hold on to your seats, but I agree totally with Big Aristotle on this one.

This show is about a guy who solves a myriad of homicides; it is not about Charlotte. The southern Joe Kenda, it appears, and I tell you, you don't want to mess with Joe Kenda or anyone like him!

Don't be too thin skinned about the city you live in. Interesting it is on at 10:00 though, a little later than Kenda's show!

Old 06-13-2016, 01:44 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,510,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Howl View Post
Agreed. It's not the quality of the officer it's the number, as compared to population, that's an issue IMO. The department hasn't grown as the general population has.

You are wrong. You can have one hundred officers in the Charlie district, If you don't have one that is in the know and trusted on the streets you will never, EVER get a thing accomplished. That is one of the million things/reasons that makes "homicide" so effective.

Old 07-01-2016, 11:27 PM

1,055 posts, read 2,126,398 times
Did anyone see the last episode? The murder of Jeff Adams in Nov 1993. Took place over at Winterwood Apts on Sharon Rd W. They didn't mention the apartment name in the show but I remember it well. Took them 2 years, but they caught the thugs that did it. Very good episode.

Old 07-10-2016, 10:14 PM

615 posts, read 536,419 times
The show is a series. It comes on ID Channel every Tuesday night. It is a documentary of how this Charlotte cop solved murders over the years. If you have never watched the ID Channel then you would not understand.

Old 07-12-2016, 08:50 PM

4,010 posts, read 3,749,903 times
Watching now. Good show

Old 07-13-2016, 11:58 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times
This thread is discussing the series as it relates to Charlotte.
Discuss only about the series similar to the 'Homeland' thread. Unless this show discusses other areas therfore the other discussions are off topic.

Old 07-13-2016, 04:22 PM

4,468 posts, read 10,610,480 times
From someone who does not live in NC - the show is good and doesn't put a bad light on Charlotte, at least not to me. It's no more demeaning to Charlotte than NCIS NOLA is to New Orleans, or Breaking Bad is to ABQ (where I live). EVERY city has a homicide department. Danged good show, you guys should be proud of it. Very well done product.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte