Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 09:07 PM

56 posts, read 238,839 times

Advertisements

We are relocating to South Charlotte area and I really think we will go with a new development.

Developement of Intereset -

DR HORTON - Ardrey Crest in Ballaytne
Bonterra Builders - Edenmoor - Indian Land, SC
John Weiland - Bridgemill - Fort Mill, SC
John Wieland - Brookhaven - Ballaytne
Shea Homes - Audobon Lake - Indian Land, SC
Shea Homes - Providence Pointe - Ballatyne

These are the primary ones so far! Can anyone give me feedback on what they know about the builders and developments?

Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2008, 09:17 PM

429 posts, read 730,477 times
John Weiland has an EXCELLANT reputation. You would love working with everyone at the design center and their super. Bonterra is a also a good builder. Shea and DR HORTON, IMO, are pretty much equal, they are good builders and they are offering good incentives in some of the developments right now. But, I feel like John Weiland is closer to a custom home builder. All of these builders have good reputations. I think you will be pleased with any of these.

Old 02-16-2008, 09:36 PM

513 posts, read 2,112,217 times
I agree about John Wieland being the best of those you listed. We have built several Wieland homes and have been very happy. Brookhaven is a great community with great amenities. It is in a good location - close to 485, Ballantyne area, Arboretum area, and has several different commute options to uptown Charlotte. Homes are in the high 300's to over a million. Feel free to DM me with any questions!!

Old 02-17-2008, 05:27 AM

850 posts, read 2,651,415 times
John Wieland...The features / sqft for the price cannot be beat!

Old 02-17-2008, 10:07 AM

5,979 posts, read 19,900,242 times
Brookhaven is in Indian Trail with a Matthews mailing address. Wieland is a great developer...just note that the entrance/exit on Antioch Road is slow when school starts/ends due to Antioch Elem being on that road and no other way out to the main street to get to Charlotte or Matthews.

Old 02-17-2008, 10:11 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bibit612 View Post
Brookhaven is in Indian Trail with a Matthews mailing address. Wieland is a great developer...just note that the entrance/exit on Antioch Road is slow when school starts/ends due to Antioch Elem being on that road and no other way out to the main street to get to Charlotte or Matthews.
You took the words right out of my mouth! I was seriously JUST about to type the same thing! Brookhaven is not in Ballantyne, it is in Union County near Matthews. Though the neighborhood is nice the traffic gridlock there can be horrendous.

Old 02-17-2008, 10:13 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Also, while Bridgemill has a Fort Mill address, the school assignments are for Indian Land.

Of all the neighborhoods mentioned above, I would personally go with Ardry Crest (best schools).

Old 02-17-2008, 01:35 PM

7 posts, read 15,609 times
I would also recommend tuscano homes, they build beautiful homes in the mint hill area.

Old 02-17-2008, 03:54 PM

111 posts, read 165,543 times
Agree with Wieland! I would be very cautious with the others. Hire an inspector no matter which builder you choose. Approx cost $400 (or less) for inspection, approx cost real estate attorney $200/hour (or more) - the piece of mind having a presales inspection ... priceless. Unfortunately, I know this from experience.

Old 02-17-2008, 09:40 PM

513 posts, read 2,112,217 times
Lovesmountains is right - Brookhaven is not in Ballantyne - but I don't think anyone said it was. I meant in my post above that it is "close to" the Ballantyne area - sorry if it was confusing. It is about 10 minutes to Ballantyne. I drive that route several times a day! And yes, the traffic is awful at rush hour (this is not as you exit the subdivision directly, but rather after you exit the subdivision onto Antioch Church Rd, you then pass Antioch Elementary school, then need to turn off Antioch Church Rd on to Weddington Rd - that intersection is where the traffic problem is). However, upscale shopping and luxury townhomes are going in across from that bad intersection, and the whole intersection will be reworked with turn lanes and traffic lights. This will hopefully take place by this summer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte