Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 07:43 AM

1,311 posts, read 4,682,050 times

Advertisements

This forum has helped me find so many great things in Charlotte, I thought I'd try one more. Does anyone have a place to get a good ham to serve for Easter? I could go Honey Baked, but I was hoping there'd be a local place that was good. I'd rather skip the chain if I can. Anyway, any ideas would be great! I'm in S. Charlotte but don't mind a bit of a drive.

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2008, 07:55 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,506,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesehead1 View Post
This forum has helped me find so many great things in Charlotte, I thought I'd try one more. Does anyone have a place to get a good ham to serve for Easter? I could go Honey Baked, but I was hoping there'd be a local place that was good. I'd rather skip the chain if I can. Anyway, any ideas would be great! I'm in S. Charlotte but don't mind a bit of a drive.

Thanks in advance!
There are regional distributors of cured ham, but I don't think you would want to serve that for Easter . . . it is a very different type of eating experience . . . I personally either do my own hams (buy one and glaze it myself) or go the Honey Baked Ham route.

Maybe others will have suggestions. We do have Smithfield hams here.

Old 02-22-2008, 09:37 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,527,721 times
Try North Carolina General Store for everything local.

Old 02-22-2008, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Try North Carolina General Store for everything local.
Sunny - awesome link! This is what I tried to find at Christmas - wanted to have NC products shipped directly to my out of state clients.

Thank you so much for posting that . . .

Old 02-22-2008, 11:39 AM

Thanks to both of you. I'll have to look into some of those resources for hams. I'm getting so excited. We never have enough people around the rest of the year to get a whole ham, so I'm thrilled! Of course, I could eat the entire thing myself.

Old 02-22-2008, 11:54 AM

1,865 posts, read 5,379,701 times
Quote:

Thanks in advance!
I've been using Honey Baked Hams for close to 20 yrs now & have never been disappointed. The bone makes a very flavorful Split Pea soup, too.

BxRosie

Old 02-22-2008, 07:46 PM

Thanks! Seeing as I've never actually cooked a ham (just eaten lots and lots of them) it might be a better idea to get something easy like a Honeybaked. Do they have their own stores here?

Old 02-22-2008, 09:35 PM

25 posts, read 70,223 times
Hony Baked may be a no brainer. Prep of a Southern style smoked ham is a days long process Been there and done that Years ago an aunt sent one up to the family in Ohio from Hendersonville (with instructions thankfully) and I remember that sucker soaking in a laundry tub for days and the salt from it corroded the pipes to the floor drain. It was delicious and fed us for about a week and a half "Only one thing better than ham and thats more ham"

Old 02-23-2008, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly Works View Post
"Only one thing better than ham and thats more ham"
I couldn't agree more. Are there Honey Baked Ham stores here?

Old 02-23-2008, 07:38 AM

Quote:
I couldn't agree more. Are there Honey Baked Ham stores here?
Here is website:

http://www.honeybaked.com/

Go to "store locations." There are three here in Charlotte.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte