Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2016, 11:56 AM

1,985 posts, read 2,073,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppydog View Post
I think he meant the daughter. She did the facebook live feed after her father was killed.
Maybe my link isn't working? I don't mean the daughter. I mean his wife, assuming the NBC news crew cited it appropriately.

Unsettling footage obtained exclusively by NBC News shows the moments leading up to the fatal police shooting of Keith Lamont Scott in Charlotte, North Carolina.

The footage, taken by Scott's wife, does not clearly show the exact moment he was shot by police on Tuesday. Scott is seen on the ground moments after the shots were fired and surrounded by officers.

Charlotte Shooting Video: Footage Shows Fatal Encounter Between Police, Keith Lamont Scott - NBC News

Watch it. Compare it to the photo. Maybe the gun was dropped there after the video cuts out? This doesn't disprove he didn't have a gun, but it certainly looks different than the photo.

Mr. Scott had a TBI (traumatic brain injury) that she tried to let the police know he had just taken his medicine. Seems like a taser would have been a better choice. I know hindsight is 20/20.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2016, 12:03 PM

12,799 posts, read 16,367,522 times
Sorry, I tried to delete my post right after I looked at your link. It didn't take for some reason.

Old 09-23-2016, 12:07 PM

OFFICER: Hands up!
RAKEYIA SCOTT: Don’t shoot him. Don’t shoot him. He has no weapon. He has no weapon. Don’t shoot him.
OFFICER: Don’t shoot. Drop the gun. Drop the ******* gun.
RAKEYIA SCOTT: Don’t shoot him. Don’t shoot him.
OFFICER: Drop the gun.
RAKEYIA SCOTT: He didn’t do anything.
OFFICER: Drop the gun. Drop the gun.
RAKEYIA SCOTT: He doesn’t have a gun. He has a T.B.I. (Traumatic Brain Injury).
RAKEYIA SCOTT: He is not going to do anything to you guys.
RAKEYIA SCOTT: He just took his medicine.
OFFICER: Drop the gun. Let me get a ******* baton over here. [muffled]
RAKEYIA SCOTT: Keith, don’t let them break the windows. Come on out the car.
OFFICER: [muffled]
RAKEYIA SCOTT: Keith! Don’t you do it.
RAKEYIA SCOTT: Keith, get out the car. Keith! Keith! Don’t you do it! Don’t you do it! Keith!
RAKEYIA SCOTT:Keith! Keith! Keith! Don’t you do it!
[SHOTS]
RAKEYIA SCOTT: ****. Did you shoot him? Did you shoot him? Did you shoot him? He better not be ******* dead.He better not be ******* dead. I know that ******* much. I know that much. He better not be dead. I’m not going to come near you. I’m going to record, though. I’m not coming near you. I’m going to record, though.He better be alive because ...I come You better be alive. How about that?Yes, we here, over here at 50 ... 50 ...9453 Lexington Court. These are the police officers that shot my husband,and he better live. He better live. Because he didn’t do nothing to them.
OFFICER: Is everybody good? Are you good?
RAKEYIA SCOTT: He good. Nobody ... touch nobody, so they’re all good.
OFFICER: You good?
RAKEYIA SCOTT: I know he better live. I know he better live. How about that I’m not coming to you guys, but he’d better live. He better live. You all hear it, you see this, right? He better live.
RAKEYIA SCOTT: He better live. I swear, he better live. Yep, he better live. He better ******* live. He better live. Where is...He better ******* live, and I can’t even leave the damn...I ain’t going nowhere. I’m staying in the same damn spot. What the ****. That’s O.K. did you all call the police? I mean, did you all call an ambulance

Old 09-23-2016, 12:08 PM

Sounds like Mr. Scott was pretty confused about what was going on.

Old 09-23-2016, 12:09 PM

555 posts, read 618,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Essequamvideri View Post
Why doesn't the gun appear on the ground like it does in this photo? Bad angle? Was it doctored? Does someone place it there later?

Witness photograph appears to show gun at Keith Lamont Scott’s feet | myfox8.com
noticed that too but in the photo it looks like an almost different location

Old 09-23-2016, 12:10 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,670,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
None of us were there, but if you think about it for about 3 seconds, after he was shot, as he fell to the ground, gravity could have taken the gun to Mr Scott's feet.
the video his wife took showed him immediately after being shot and there was no gun at his feet.

she also kept telling the officers he doesn't have weapon. She says he has a TBI. I have no idea what that means.

Old 09-23-2016, 12:12 PM

I think the object from the photo that was implied to be a gun was actually latex exam gloves. I see them being pulled off and tossed down in the video.

One thing this video does is make the witness interview lose a lot of credibility who said that the black officer was not on the scene until 15 minutes after the shooting. He is clearly there from the start.

Old 09-23-2016, 12:14 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,670,746 times
Quote:
I think the object from the photo that was implied to be a gun was actually latex exam gloves. I see them being pulled off and tossed down in the video.

One thing this video does is make the witness interview lose a lot of credibility who said that the black officer was not on the scene until 15 minutes after the shooting. He is clearly there from the start.
I agree

Old 09-23-2016, 12:19 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,735,995 times
Quote:
Yes. Are you reading and watching any of the information I am linking?

Charlotte Shooting Video: Footage Shows Fatal Encounter Between Police, Keith Lamont Scott - NBC News

Why she would want to video this? Maybe wants to get likes on facebook?

It's amazing how naive some people are about the legitimate fear and distrust many people have of police. There is some heavy repairing to relationships long overdue. This case isn't proven as corrupt or a cover up, but the fear of a lack of integrity is a big reason we are having so protests.

I wish the police could adopt more methods to be transparent and accountable as quickly as possible to dispel rumors and reassure the public that they are truly protecting and serving.
I'll read your links later. I'm using a phone right now. Are you trying to say that Mrs Scott was onsite at the time of the shooting, taking video at the same time as the police videos?

Look, you've made it plain & clear what your thoughts are, up to & including insisting that the police shot the protester in spite of WSOC having video of the shooting.

I'd suggest that you study up on the riots in 1968. I knew people who were effected in a couple of towns . There's plenty of film. Based on having a real memory of those riots, I don't believe either side until evidence is laid out. Then I follow the trail to see if it makes sense.

You seem desperate to lay blame on the cops for as much as possible in this. I have no idea where the blame lies in Mr Scott's death, but the death of the protester was not the fault of police. That was proven by WSOC accidentally capturing it.

There are good cops & bad cops. I'm well aware of that, from experience.

Old 09-23-2016, 12:24 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,587,282 times
Quote:
OFFICER: Hands up!
RAKEYIA SCOTT: Don’t shoot him. Don’t shoot him. He has no weapon. He has no weapon. Don’t shoot him.
OFFICER: Don’t shoot. Drop the gun. Drop the ******* gun.
RAKEYIA SCOTT: Don’t shoot him. Don’t shoot him.
RAKEYIA SCOTT: He didn’t do anything.
OFFICER: Drop the gun. Drop the gun.
RAKEYIA SCOTT: He doesn’t have a gun. He has a T.B.I. (Traumatic Brain Injury).
RAKEYIA SCOTT: He is not going to do anything to you guys.
RAKEYIA SCOTT: He just took his medicine.
OFFICER: Drop the gun. Let me get a ******* baton over here. [muffled]
RAKEYIA SCOTT: Keith, don’t let them break the windows. Come on out the car.
RAKEYIA SCOTT: Keith! Don’t you do it.
RAKEYIA SCOTT: Keith, get out the car. Keith! Keith! Don’t you do it! Don’t you do it! Keith!
RAKEYIA SCOTT:Keith! Keith! Keith! Don’t you do it!
[SHOTS]
RAKEYIA SCOTT: ****. Did you shoot him? Did you shoot him? Did you shoot him? He better not be ******* dead.He better not be ******* dead. I know that ******* much. I know that much. He better not be dead. I’m not going to come near you. I’m going to record, though. I’m not coming near you. I’m going to record, though.He better be alive because ...I come You better be alive. How about that?Yes, we here, over here at 50 ... 50 ...9453 Lexington Court. These are the police officers that shot my husband,and he better live. He better live. Because he didn’t do nothing to them.
OFFICER: Is everybody good? Are you good?
RAKEYIA SCOTT: He good. Nobody ... touch nobody, so they’re all good.
OFFICER: You good?
RAKEYIA SCOTT: I know he better live. I know he better live. How about that I’m not coming to you guys, but he’d better live. He better live. You all hear it, you see this, right? He better live.
RAKEYIA SCOTT: He better live. I swear, he better live. Yep, he better live. He better ******* live. He better live. Where is...He better ******* live, and I can’t even leave the damn...I ain’t going nowhere. I’m staying in the same damn spot. What the ****. That’s O.K. did you all call the police? I mean, did you all call an ambulance
I'm starting to think this was a suicide by cop. Early on the cop says don't shoot. Shoot what? If the gun is pointed at the officers he would be dead. He wife repeatedly says Keith do t do it don't do it. Also her husband just was gunned down and her reaction I can't even explain it. A lot of stuff doesn't add up here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte