Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2016, 01:43 PM

105 posts, read 117,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The One Race View Post
What are you saying, a cop has to wait for a perp points the weapons and take aim and what, shoots first, before firing his/her weapon? Maybe the cop has to be shot 2 or 3 times in your mind before returning fire?
you do know that In the military you aren't allowed to fire your weapon unless you are fired upon. i wonder why this rule isnt good enough for police.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2016, 01:48 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaquancs View Post
you do know that In the military you aren't allowed to fire your weapon unless you are fired upon. .
You are absolutely wrong.

Old 09-26-2016, 01:57 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times
Quote:
you do know that In the military you aren't allowed to fire your weapon unless you are fired upon. i wonder why this rule isnt good enough for police.
Oh, really? What branch of the military did you serve in?

ROEs change depending on mission, location and enemy activity. Making a blanket statement like that is all but pointless.

Old 09-26-2016, 02:11 PM

6,151 posts, read 10,030,335 times
Quote:
I have to say this made me laugh. Talk about clueless.

Old 09-26-2016, 02:14 PM

5,458 posts, read 6,052,691 times
Quote:

Maybe in France. (That's why there are so many lightly used French rifles to be found.)

I was assigned US combat military overseas and it was extremely infrequent where we were not given the ability to light up the enemy at any and all opportunities. Get in the first shot, get in the most shots. Firepower was our friend.

Last edited by getatag; 09-26-2016 at 02:16 PM.. Reason: EDIT: has absolutely nothing to do with this issue.

Old 09-26-2016, 02:22 PM

1,985 posts, read 2,070,151 times
I think a warfare mentality is contributing to the problem at hand. We are not at war. There are measures to be taken that save police and civilian lives.

Old 09-26-2016, 02:28 PM

6,151 posts, read 10,030,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
I thought that, initially, too, until the traumatic brain injury was brought to light. He probably couldn't have made the connections, depending on the severity.

It's easy enough to Monday morning quarterback. However, it appears that the initial insistence of a book was an outright lie. Did Mrs Scott know about the gun & the holster? It appears that Mr Scott was the passenger.

Depending on the severity of the brain injury, he shouldn't have been left alone. Medical professionals should have told her that, if the injury was severe.

My parents had a neighbor with a severe brain injury. He wandered the neighborhood &, frankly, scared the bejesus out of some people in the neighborhood. After several incidents, the man's wife called the municipal police & had them come over until all of the police had met him. They knew that he was harmless. She also sold their guns so that he would never get ahold of them. The police had a notice for the 911 operators in case someone called in about him.

Granted, Mrs Scott had a different situation because there were children in the household. Someone should have given her assistance on handling the situation. If the police knew about him, it's unlikely that it would have played out the same.
I actually believe the brain injury played into it (he didn't want to go on). After watching his wife's video, the dash cam, and the body cam that is the conclusion I came to. Everyone was crapping themselves scared, you could hear it in their voices (don't you do it, put the gun down) except you heard nothing from him. You could feel how tense it was and it built for what probably felt like hours to those there - he was given more than adequate time to comply with LE and there is no doubt that the police felt threatened. Her yelling was only adding to the tension - she wasn't talking to him or trying to calm him down - heck, she chose to video tape it instead of running to him. She may have even known he planned to do this.

Old 09-26-2016, 02:29 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Essequamvideri View Post
I think a warfare mentality is contributing to the problem at hand. We are not at war. There are measures to be taken that save police and civilian lives.
Indeed.

This includes the general public respecting the laws of the land, not making life choices that turn them into dangerous felons, not raising guns to police, and not violently looting stores for Ipads, TVs, Air Jordan shoes, booze and NBA merchandise.

99% of the people living in Western Civilization society already understand this.

Old 09-26-2016, 02:39 PM

311 posts, read 172,731 times
Quote:
Whew vey , THIS explains soooooo much as to how there can be two "polarized" sides to this discussion.

Old 09-26-2016, 02:41 PM

604 posts, read 653,606 times
Quote:
Did you read this in Clinton's deleted emails for the strategic plans of the future?

Was there also a plan to stand up, hold hands and sing Kumbaya while waiting for the enemy to pull the trigger first?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte