Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2008, 02:16 PM

3 posts, read 8,352 times

Advertisements

Hello all,
Looking for the best areas in Charlotte for my hubby and son who is 13 to move. Being from the city and looking to move to a more southern atmosphere that is city like. Were not looking to move until the summer of 2009 but I would like to choose a area and start visiting and looking for a home. Looking for excellent high schools along with activities and willing to travel 30-45 mins for work. We would like to be in a safe area along with good schools, low crime. Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2008, 03:16 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,978,139 times
Where in the city will you be working?

Old 03-01-2008, 04:54 PM

3 posts, read 7,505 times
Default Feedback on relocating to Charlotte....

Dear "Relocating from Boston to Charlotte" -

My family and I lived in Charlotte, NC for 10 years and just relocated to Washington State with our jobs. We would recommend the Myers Park neighborhood, which is one of the most desirable established areas of the city.

Our home there is less than 2 miles from downtown Charlotte, less than 10 minutes from Southpark Mall and other shopping and less than 1/2 block from Freedom Park....

For your son's education, Myers Park High School is also less than 10 minutes away and is rated as one of the top high schools in the nation every year!

If you would like to send me a Direct Message, I would be happy to fill you in with greater details about the area!!!

Old 03-01-2008, 05:12 PM

10 posts, read 31,253 times
Jayme617- My hubby and I are also moving from Boston to Charlotte. We too are looking for city like area that is safe. We have a 3 and a 1 year old so good schools are also important. We're hoping to move by early 2009 but can be sooner. We're excited but we have to be patient. We visited this past summer and loved it. We like Huntersville but are still open to other areas. There's so much to choose from and it can be overwelming. Goodluck.

Old 03-01-2008, 05:22 PM

3 posts, read 7,505 times
Default We relocated FROM Charlotte recently and miss it DEARLY!

Sensil....

You will LOVE Charlotte!! My family and relocated from there last year and miss it terribly! It's convenient to everything in the Southeastern U.S. including the beach!!

Please feel free to send me a Direct Message if you'd like more info about our former neighborhood (Myers Park), where to move, where NOT to move, best schools, etc.

Best of luck to ya'll! (It's a Southern thing...) LOL

Old 03-01-2008, 06:11 PM

3 posts, read 8,352 times
Default Thanks everyone

Thanks for your comments! I do not know what city I'll be working in. I have not started my job search. Any suggestions maybe where to begin? My degree is in Business Management so I'm pretty open. I thought it would be best to first find a home and then choose what area to look for a job based on the area of my home. Any thoughts?

Currently I've been speaking to realtors and looking at homes on line. Where is the East side, is that the best side? My realtor sends me pics of areas labeled "east side" , "north" and not quite sure what would be the best.

Old 03-01-2008, 06:21 PM

7 posts, read 6,799 times
I would say it depends on your price range. The Matthews/SE Charlotte area is great b/c it is close to the I-485 loop that can get you to all the major interstates and also only about a 30 min commute to downtown.
I would look at neighborhoods that are appreciating in value and that are zoned to schools with high ratings. GL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte