Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2008, 08:51 PM

36 posts, read 228,129 times

Advertisements

My 20 yr old son moved with DH and I from the NE a couple of years ago. We just recently purchase a property in PM after renting in Elizabeth. He attends CPCC, works, but really would like to meet friends his own age that he could just "hang" with.

He's too young (and not that interested) for clubs, finds the Central campus really diverse age-wise with not too many "college guy" activities and basically is looking for suggestions for clubs, groups, sports activities etc.. that would expose him to people closer in age that he would have more in common with??

Any thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2008, 09:09 PM

429 posts, read 730,423 times
What about church groups or if he's interested in paintball I know that is a big sport for kids in their preteens on up to the early 20's my neighbors son may be a little older than that! He loves it... Are you members of the Y? That would also be an avenue to explore. I think a lot depends on his hobbies and interests. Charlotte seems to have a group or club for just about anything you can imagine. I know this isn't much help, but I know how much we mothers want our kids to have friends and "belong", I just wanted to offer whatever suggestions I could.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte