Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2016, 06:49 AM

11 posts, read 30,144 times

Advertisements

Hi. I am interested in the Deerfield Creek community. Privacy and keeping heavy traffic to a minimum (same chance as finding a unicorn around here hahaha) is important to me. I just read about a possible connection between ardrey kell and tilley morris (which Deerfield is off of) and gigantic shops that will abutting the neighborhood to an extent bweteen the hood and the 70 acres between providence. I heard that there is talk abt even connecting the hood.

Been burned before by development don't want to be burned again.

Anyone have info? Wonder how it will impact Deerfield Creek neighborhood???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2016, 10:22 AM

5,451 posts, read 6,036,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbslovescats View Post
Hi. I am interested in the Deerfield Creek community. Privacy and keeping heavy traffic to a minimum (same chance as finding a unicorn around here hahaha) is important to me. I just read about a possible connection between ardrey kell and tilley morris (which Deerfield is off of) and gigantic shops that will abutting the neighborhood to an extent bweteen the hood and the 70 acres between providence. I heard that there is talk abt even connecting the hood.

Been burned before by development don't want to be burned again.

Anyone have info? Wonder how it will impact Deerfield Creek neighborhood???

If you look at the aerial view in google maps there are only two access points (on the Tilley Morris side) for that huge shopping center (Waverly) on 16 at Ardrey Kell.
One dead end abutting that parcel (Waverly) is off Apple Hill Rd in Chestnut Hills off Tilley Morris Rd.
The other dead end abutting that parcel (Waverly) is off Fawn Hill Rd. in Deerfield Creek.
I think any other access point would have to go through an existing home and property which might prove costly and probably not feasible.

Old 07-17-2016, 11:06 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,182,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getatag View Post
If you look at the aerial view in google maps there are only two access points (on the Tilley Morris side) for that huge shopping center (Waverly) on 16 at Ardrey Kell.
One dead end abutting that parcel (Waverly) is off Apple Hill Rd in Chestnut Hills off Tilley Morris Rd.
The other dead end abutting that parcel (Waverly) is off Fawn Hill Rd. in Deerfield Creek.
I think any other access point would have to go through an existing home and property which might prove costly and probably not feasible.

Crescent has already been approved to connect Ardrey Kell Road to a street in Chestnut Hills. I haven't seen anything on the Char Meck website for Deerfield Creek. Yet.

Old 05-27-2017, 08:39 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,182,181 times
The roundabout on Tilley Morris Road for the connector road to the Crescent development is well underway. Tilley Morris is about to be blocked off so that it can be re-directed into the roundabout.

Old 05-28-2017, 02:34 AM

There will definitely be a connections in Deerfield Creek. I rode into Deerfield Creek and saw the temporary barricade at the construction for the connector road. Most of the way down Fawn Hill on the right at the short dead end road (100 feet long) between two houses just past their driveways. An owner standing in the driveway confirmed the road would go into the new neighborhood on the Tilley Morris / Ardrey Kell cut through.
I also talked to a construction worker that was laying water lines through the woods toward Waverly. He didn't know when it would finish all the way to Waverly, but that was the plan. Paving is done about halfway to Waverly, with no work other than the beginning of a water line going into the wood line past the paving.

I would doubt there will be much more than normal neighborhood traffic through Deerfield Creek. It would still be much easier and time/distance effective to continue to the traffic circle and use Tilley Morris. I would assume the traffic on tilley morris to the East (Matthews) may increase, but the traffic to the west (Fire Station) stoplight at McKee Rd may actually decrease a small amount.

Old 05-30-2017, 05:53 AM

751 posts, read 934,123 times
Does anyone know when the connector through Waverly will be complete? We live out near Weddington Rd and need to hit Ardrey Kell/Tom Short a few times a week at pm rush hour. Thinking it'd be quicker to cut through Waverly than deal w/McKee & Providence traffic.

Old 08-14-2017, 09:05 AM

News on the Tilley Morris traffic circle!

It was scheduled to open this morning at 7 AM. Don't hold your breath! The website now says this Friday, 18th, at 6 pm.

I stopped and talked to a worker at the circle last Friday. The gentleman said they were finishing it up as we spoke. He said they were painted the lines and touching up the landscaping beyond the sidewalk. I inquired as to it being open early for weekend traffic. He said, NOPE, they haven't gotten a final Engineer inspection yet, hopefully Monday morning as was originally scheduled.
So now the opening has been pushed out a week because of final inspection!!!

Old 08-14-2017, 10:00 AM

So that will take people from Tilley Morris out to Providence by the USPS light?

Old 08-14-2017, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDcc123 View Post
So that will take people from Tilley Morris out to Providence by the USPS light?
No, not yet. Right now (Friday afternoon) the traffic will be allowed to flow back on the original course of Tilley Morris. It will empty at the traffic light by the fire station on McKee and then left on to Hwy 16 (Providence Rd.)

Later in the DOT plans there will be a connection through Waverly that should empty out at the USPS facility on Providence Rd.
Right now, taking the far left exit from the new traffic circle will only deposit you in a dead end (or cut-de-sac for those of you with refined sensibilities). There is no work being done on the connector at this point.

Old 08-14-2017, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by getatag View Post
No, not yet. Right now (Friday afternoon) the traffic will be allowed to flow back on the original course of Tilley Morris. It will empty at the traffic light by the fire station on McKee and then left on to Hwy 16 (Providence Rd.)

Later in the DOT plans there will be a connection through Waverly that should empty out at the USPS facility on Providence Rd.
Right now, taking the far left exit from the new traffic circle will only deposit you in a dead end (or cut-de-sac for those of you with refined sensibilities). There is no work being done on the connector at this point.

Boo. Wanted an alternative to get from Matthews to Ardrey Kell without dealing with Providence or going further South to come back North. Thanks for the response though!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte