Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2008, 09:27 PM

2 posts, read 3,962 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,
I'm new to this forum and had a few questions about the location I was going to live for the summer. Me and a roommate are interning in Charlotte for the summer with both of our offices being in the Uptown area. We were looking at apartments in that area, but are still considering places farther away for cheaper rent. My main question is are there any areas where driving in to the Uptown area takes significantly longer due to traffic (interstates, state highways and all that)? Thanks a lot for any help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2008, 09:42 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by voss28 View Post
Hi everyone,
I'm new to this forum and had a few questions about the location I was going to live for the summer. Me and a roommate are interning in Charlotte for the summer with both of our offices being in the Uptown area. We were looking at apartments in that area, but are still considering places farther away for cheaper rent. My main question is are there any areas where driving in to the Uptown area takes significantly longer due to traffic (interstates, state highways and all that)? Thanks a lot for any help.
Look to live south or east of uptown for the best commutes. Try the Dilworth neighborhood - people your age love it.

Old 03-25-2008, 05:24 AM

797 posts, read 3,296,274 times
Def. stay away from 77 and 485 and the suburbs. I'd focus on living no more than 10 min away where you can drive to work going in town. You have a lot of options. I used to rent a condo right by Park Rd Shopping center and it only took me a few min to get to work uptown.

Old 03-25-2008, 06:27 AM

755 posts, read 2,493,798 times
Sedgefield is a good area for rentals and is very close to downtown. It's on the edge of Dilworth and Myers Park, but much less expensive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte