Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2016, 04:15 PM

1,985 posts, read 2,070,151 times

Advertisements

I feel like there are a ton of new places to eat in Charlotte and I'm trying to make sure I get to each of them at some point. What restaurants have you checked out recently and been impressed with? Any new places or "new to you" places you would recommend?

I haven't been to Seoul Food Charlotte yet but have heard it was really good.
I stumbled into dollar taco night at Sabor this week and was really impressed. It was packed, but worth the wait.

Where have you been?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2016, 05:54 PM

129 posts, read 201,266 times
I like Roosters in Uptown a lot.

Old 03-04-2016, 04:52 AM

645 posts, read 1,069,373 times
Right outside Southpark Mall is a court of restaurants. Del Frisco's serves good food. Their steaks are excellent. The bar is very good and very big (New Orleans style). It's a bit noisy at Happy hour, but it's always a good bet.

Del Frisco's

On Fairview, there's Ruth's Chris Steak House on Fairview. More ambiance than Del Frisco's,and the steaks are great. There are two others: one on N. Tryon, another in Pineville

Ruth's Chris Steak House

Brio is in the same court, but I haven't been too impressed with the menu.

On Highway 51, there's Bangkok Ocha, a cozy authentic Thai restaurant.

https://www.google.com/search?q=char...03760107337175

Kabuto is down the street.

Bonefish Grill on Independence is GREAT. It's pretty noisy, but the food is very good.

Zebra on Sharon Road is a good restaurant.

Charlotte has come a LONG way in thirty years. I remember when Le Chateau on Morehead was THE place to go. Whoa. It was replaced by Longhorn. (It may not be there anymore. No great Loss on either account).

There are others. can't think of them at this hour.

Anyone remember Le Bibliotheque on Morrison? Great restaurant.

Judging by the underwhelming response, I gather that most of the people who participate in forum live in the exurbs, don't eat out, or they are shut-ins.

Old 03-04-2016, 04:58 AM

830 posts, read 1,531,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryBGood View Post
Right outside Southpark Mall is a court of restaurants. Del Frisco's serves good food. Their steaks are excellent. The bar is very good and very big (New Orleans style). It's a bit noisy at Happy hour, but it's always a good bet.

Del Frisco's

On Fairview, there's Ruth's Chris Steak House on Fairview. More ambiance than Del Frisco's,and the steaks are great. There are two others: one on N. Tryon, another in Pineville

Ruth's Chris Steak House

Brio is in the same court, but I haven't been too impressed with the menu.

On Highway 51, there's Bangkok Ocha, a cozy authentic Thai restaurant.

https://www.google.com/search?q=char...03760107337175

Kabuto is down the street.

Bonefish Grill on Independence is GREAT. It's pretty noisy, but the food is very good.

Zebra on Sharon Road is a good restaurant.

Charlotte has come a LONG way in thirty years. I remember when Le Chateau on Morehead was THE place to go. Whoa. It was replaced by Longhorn. (It may not be there anymore. No great Loss on either account).

There are others. can't think of them at this hour.

Anyone remember Le Bibliotheque on Morrison? Great restaurant.

Judging by the underwhelming response, I gather that most of the people who participate in forum live in the exurbs, don't eat out, or they are shut-ins.
And a good number of your restaurant picks are chains....

Old 03-04-2016, 05:25 AM

364 posts, read 635,834 times
Firebirds is good. Great steaks!

Tony's pizza for pizza or Brooklyn Brothers. Bricks is pretty good downtown and you can get validated parking. Queen City Q downtown is good too.

Red Rocks in Birkdale is pretty good too. My experiences at Dresslers says that they are overrated...

Bad Daddy's in Birkdale or other locations has Great burgers!

Midwood smokehouse is good for BBQ, ribs, pulled pork, etc.

Chima I liked a lot but I guess they had a very bad sanitation score in December and since improved it but would make me less like to want to go back there, as I believe their original score was a D!!

Old 03-04-2016, 05:31 AM

142 posts, read 255,631 times
New to me as we have only lived here a year: Soul Gastropub, Fig Tree, Good Food on Montford, Paco's Tacos, Dandelion Market. Those are the ones that stand out.

Have heard good things about The Cellar at Duckworth's but haven't been yet.

Old 03-04-2016, 06:05 AM

1,241 posts, read 2,322,505 times
Over the last couple of weeks I have tried two new places that I really loved. Both are in Concord.

The Smoke Pit - My wife and I loved the Brisket.

Fiesta Mexican Grill - I had two steak street taco's and a steak sope. Both were excellent. My wife had a Chimichanga and liked it.

Old 03-04-2016, 06:53 AM

37 posts, read 48,518 times
Portofino's for Italian - Eastway Drive and Park Rd locations are both good. Everything is good and prices are reasonable.

Old 03-04-2016, 07:19 AM

343 posts, read 601,158 times
The Mandrake
Soul Gastropub
Good Food on Montford
Cantina 1511
Dandelion Market
300 East
House of Pizza
Cajun Queen
Alexander Michaels (Al Mike's)
Smoke
521 BBQ
Viva Chicken
Sabor Latin Street Grill
Carpe Diem
Fig Tree
5Church
The Asbury
Heist
Portofino's
Lure
Firebirds
131 Main
Basil
Green's (lunch)
Brook's (lunch)
Lewan's

Just to name a few....

Old 03-04-2016, 07:23 AM

569 posts, read 1,410,252 times
Bistro La Bon, Zio, Lang Van, Zen, Pinkys for great bar food, Sir Edmund Haleys, Heirloom, Crepe Cellar, Dim Sum, Krazy Fish, Carpe Diem, Queen City Q, Dos Amigos on Central, Blue, The Kings Kitchen (supports the homeless), Bean, Woodlands, Pio Pio.

These are some of my favorites for non chain spots, careful folks, some of you may have to drive into the big bad city to try some of these great neighborhood spots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte