Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 09:05 AM

10 posts, read 10,620 times

Advertisements

Hey Charlotte people!!! Now yal go have to get used to me becuz this is not a joke- regardless to how I'm coming straight at u, I want 2 know the deal..so let's get '2thepoint' My cousin has two kids who she is bringing with with her, so u know we need the 411 on Charlotte's schools? Now we are almost 98% some of you are gonna refer us to S. Charlotte, Ballytine, Matthews, area? Well, we're not with that.. we want the pit of Charlotte becuz don't no one area make Charlotte what is is- yal feel me? So REAL people, give us the 411 on other schools, pleaze?? The others can't be all that bad...can they? Becuz, if they are, we might as well stay where we are? Now we often hear that West Charlotte is the 'hood' area- u know the bad side of town..well, I don't fear anything, so let's roll.. do any of u have photos of this area? probaly not, since some of us are scurred to even go over there (ROTFL) Ok, skip that: Let's talk about East Charlotte- now u never hear anything abt the east? What's up with that??? While some of us can afford to live or send our kids to the ever-so-popular Southwest Charlotte, some of us have to get-in-where-we-fit-in, so enlighten us with the East & West? My cousin has a daughter who is into fashion, but she hasn't graduated from the generics, so can yal tell us abt the discount stores? Does Charlotte have a Dots, Deb, and AJ Wright??? How abt a Fashion Bug?? And for the boys: my knucklehead cousin loves his PS2, so do yal have those game stores where u can buy new & used games??? What abt YMCA's? Food Stores: there has to be a Aldi's lying around somewhere??? (I already mentioned ethnic hair stores in my 1st thread) What do the kids do in the summer?? How many public pools is there? Oh, and we can't 4-get abt AppleBees...mm.mmm Besides tired Micky D's, Burger ol King, and sloppy Wendy's, what other burger joints does Char have? Any jazz clubs w/ a good ol glass of grey goose? Hey, we go need a break to chill sometimes, too??? LOL Holla @ your girl!!!

Old 04-12-2008, 09:56 AM

51 posts, read 154,830 times
uh.....this has got to be a joke.

Old 04-12-2008, 10:43 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,498,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saneely View Post
uh.....this has got to be a joke.
I don't think so! I think she is trying to get some info! I wish I could help!

We have Applebee's - I can confirm that! LOL!!!!

East Charlotte has some appealing, well-priced homes, but has a bad rep for crime, so that is why you don't hear much about it. You really should check it out b/c we need more people who are willing to move there and run the crime out!!!! The city is supposed to be doing revitalization in that area but I don't think a lot has been accomplished, thus far.

Old 04-12-2008, 10:48 AM

672 posts, read 1,831,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2thepoint View Post
Hey Charlotte people!!! Now yal go have to get used to me becuz this is not a joke- regardless to how I'm coming straight at u, I want 2 know the deal..so let's get '2thepoint' My cousin has two kids who she is bringing with with her, so u know we need the 411 on Charlotte's schools? Now we are almost 98% some of you are gonna refer us to S. Charlotte, Ballytine, Matthews, area? Well, we're not with that.. we want the pit of Charlotte becuz don't no one area make Charlotte what is is- yal feel me? So REAL people, give us the 411 on other schools, pleaze?? The others can't be all that bad...can they? Becuz, if they are, we might as well stay where we are? Now we often hear that West Charlotte is the 'hood' area- u know the bad side of town..well, I don't fear anything, so let's roll.. do any of u have photos of this area? probaly not, since some of us are scurred to even go over there (ROTFL) Ok, skip that: Let's talk about East Charlotte- now u never hear anything abt the east? What's up with that??? While some of us can afford to live or send our kids to the ever-so-popular Southwest Charlotte, some of us have to get-in-where-we-fit-in, so enlighten us with the East & West? My cousin has a daughter who is into fashion, but she hasn't graduated from the generics, so can yal tell us abt the discount stores? Does Charlotte have a Dots, Deb, and AJ Wright??? How abt a Fashion Bug?? And for the boys: my knucklehead cousin loves his PS2, so do yal have those game stores where u can buy new & used games??? What abt YMCA's? Food Stores: there has to be a Aldi's lying around somewhere??? (I already mentioned ethnic hair stores in my 1st thread) What do the kids do in the summer?? How many public pools is there? Oh, and we can't 4-get abt AppleBees...mm.mmm Besides tired Micky D's, Burger ol King, and sloppy Wendy's, what other burger joints does Char have? Any jazz clubs w/ a good ol glass of grey goose? Hey, we go need a break to chill sometimes, too??? LOL Holla @ your girl!!!
Forget all my previous advice, I think Nations Ford will be perfect for you. BTW, I thought in your previous posts that you said your cousin was already living here, also I thought you said you were a student, then in another post you said you didn't want to live anywhere near students? Can you please stop wasting our time, there are people with real concerns here who need valid advice.

Old 04-12-2008, 10:55 AM

672 posts, read 1,831,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkjaws View Post
Forget all my previous advice, I think Nations Ford will be perfect for you. BTW, I thought in your previous posts that you said your cousin was already living here, also I thought you said you were a student, then in another post you said you didn't want to live anywhere near students? Can you please stop wasting our time, there are people with real concerns here who need valid advice.
Oh and another thing all the racial inferences are getting really old from the OP. I've been reading them on all the posts of late and enough is enough. Charlotte is one of the few places I have lived that is very diverse, and I don't see or feel any racial tension. And btw, saying that "some of us have to get-in-where-we-fit-in" is a crock, you fit in where you chose to fit in. For example if I wanted to act like white trash then I guess I'd fit in at the trailer parks, but the sad part is there are people there that really can only afford that lifestyle but some pick to live that way. Incidentally, in my part of Charlotte which is the SW side, I feel as though there are way more black people here then there are white and I don't feel any racial tension or feel the need to try to act a certain way on these boards.

Old 04-12-2008, 11:05 AM

1,079 posts, read 2,502,054 times
fo shizzle my nizzle.

Old 04-12-2008, 11:07 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,829,411 times
Check GreatSchools.net for info on any school in the country. You can compare what you have now with what you'd have in Charlotte (or anywhere else). The detailed reports give you racial composiiton of students (if you don't want the kids to be in a very small minority), how many get free lunches, what are the standard test scores compared to the state average, and anyhting else you might want to know.

Old 04-12-2008, 11:37 AM

16 posts, read 12,697 times
Quote:
Why all the sarcasm??? You don't have a clue, Ms Lady. First of all, I would like to personally apologize on my cousin's behalf. She came over and logged in into the forum. We were not logging out, so we appeared to be the 'same' person. We do have family in Charlotte and my cousin was NOT referring to me in any of her posts. She is young and bold, so I apologize if you (nkjaws) think someone is playing games, but you did not have to go there talking about Nations Ford will be perfect for us. The funny thing is, we don't know a thing about Nations Ford, so if you are trying to imply that we are uneducated or ghetto, I won't even go there with you because you don't know me. And for the record, neither is my cousin- she is just asking questions that some of the people are afraid to ask, because she is straight to the point! I don't have to lie about wanting to move somewhere, I don't have to try to protect my cousin, and I don't have to prove to you that we have family already there! Charlotte is not some magic city that's impossible to move to! And if all the people are anything like you, being all judgemental, then we are better off someplace else!
It was an accident- let it go! Thank you to everyone else who responded to my cousin, because she was serious, but oh, I forgot, she is not 'perfect' enough to post her threads

Old 04-12-2008, 11:47 AM

16 posts, read 12,697 times
Quote:
Oh and another thing all the racial inferences are getting really old from the OP. I've been reading them on all the posts of late and enough is enough. Charlotte is one of the few places I have lived that is very diverse, and I don't see or feel any racial tension. And btw, saying that "some of us have to get-in-where-we-fit-in" is a crock, you fit in where you chose to fit in. For example if I wanted to act like white trash then I guess I'd fit in at the trailer parks, but the sad part is there are people there that really can only afford that lifestyle but some pick to live that way. Incidentally, in my part of Charlotte which is the SW side, I feel as though there are way more black people here then there are white and I don't feel any racial tension or feel the need to try to act a certain way on these boards.
Racial inferences will never get old: some of us just choose to act as if it doesn't exist. I don't hear any racial tensions in Charlotte, but I was not referring to Charlotte either! And unless you came across it one time or another in your life, you don't have a clue. And I don't agree with you about ' you fit in where you choose to fit in', but coming from someone that thinks 'white trash fit in at trailer parks and people that appear to be "ghetto" need to live @ Nations Ford,... well I guess you put us in our place.

Old 04-12-2008, 11:54 AM

5,979 posts, read 19,898,795 times
Risky - I responded to your thread in Fort Mill just so y'know. You sound like a straightforward shoot from the hip type of person. I strongly suggest you let your cousin get her own ID to eliminate the confusion. You don't want to be babysitting as Sunny our mod will close you out (or your ID) if things get really hot...friendly advice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte