Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2020, 09:27 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,577,816 times

Advertisements

Three people have died after a celebration turned deadly early Monday morning. Reports are that there were 400 people at the celebration (Beatties Ford Road) however, no one has come forward with information to help find the shooter/shooters.

Can someone please help me understand why this crowd would not help police find the shooter? Is this a gang thing and people are scared to come forward? Is this another case of people that just don't trust police?

Three families have lost loved ones and I just don't understand how you can choose to let killers go free.

Last edited by Charlotteborn; 06-22-2020 at 10:07 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2020, 05:03 AM

5,464 posts, read 6,077,583 times
CHOP in Seattle wannabes.

In case you hadn't noticed, it's now in vogue to reject law enforcement because a few have proven to be criminals.

Guilt by association, you know the way all people are bad because a small percentage commit crimes.

Old 06-23-2020, 09:05 AM

I don't know why the police bother anymore. Too bad they can't opt out of going to areas that don't want them there. Maybe that will be an option soon.

Old 06-23-2020, 05:28 PM

8,056 posts, read 10,654,744 times
Hmmm. I find it interesting that not more people have responded to this thread. And telling too.

Anyway, Millions Youth March of Charlotte took to the site of the shooting along Beatties Ford Road in a silent march to grieve for the victims of the "casualty".

Silent march? But I thought Silence was Violence?

Old 06-23-2020, 06:16 PM

597 posts, read 451,395 times
Darn shame... no reason for there to be a celebration in the streets still going on at midnight... just stupid. Hope someone comes forward with info that leads to the apprehension of the shooters.

Old 06-23-2020, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotteborn View Post
I don't know why the police bother anymore. Too bad they can't opt out of going to areas that don't want them there. Maybe that will be an option soon.

Are you going to do a city wide census to see which people want the police to respond to calls or what?

Old 06-23-2020, 06:36 PM

6,135 posts, read 4,624,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
Hmmm. I find it interesting that not more people have responded to this thread. And telling too.

Anyway, Millions Youth March of Charlotte took to the site of the shooting along Beatties Ford Road in a silent march to grieve for the victims of the "casualty".

Silent march? But I thought Silence was Violence?
What kind of reaction are you expecting?

The whole situation was horrible and tragic for the families involved.

Old 06-23-2020, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPiedmontTriad View Post
Are you going to do a city wide census to see which people want the police to respond to calls or what?
Sure. Why not?

If a community 'opted out' of policing then the police would not respond to that area. The areas could be clearly marked with street signs so the citizens could decide for themselves if being in the area was worth the risk - or not.

Seems to me like this would solve a lot of the policing issues we have today.

Old 06-23-2020, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotteborn View Post
Sure. Why not?

If a community 'opted out' of policing then the police would not respond to that area. The areas could be clearly marked with street signs so the citizens could decide for themselves if being in the area was worth the risk - or not.

Seems to me like this would solve a lot of the policing issues we have today.

What happens to the people in the community that opt in... but 51% of the community opts out? What if the split is 50/50 ? 74% 26%??? Shall we paint an opt in sign on the driveway... or have an opt-out sign in the front yard? What if its in an apartment community... opt in signs painted on the front doors?

Old 06-23-2020, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPiedmontTriad View Post
What happens to the people in the community that opt in... but 51% of the community opts out? What if the split is 50/50 ? 74% 26%??? Shall we paint an opt in sign on the driveway... or have an opt-out sign in the front yard? What if its in an apartment community... opt in signs painted on the front doors?
I don't have all the answers but I think it would have to be a fairly large area that opts in or out. Not a house to house thing.

From what I have seen I don't think there would be many 50/50 situations. If not one person out of 400 could provide information to the police after the Juneteenth celebration my guess is that a majority of that area would 'opt out'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: