Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2020, 05:51 PM

5 posts, read 2,840 times

Advertisements

My husband and I relocated to Charlotte in October 2019. We would like to purchase a brand new home and are considering Matthews, Stallings or the Cotswold area of Charlotte. These neighborhoods are about a 20 minutes drive from our jobs. Which area is better in terms of safety and resale value of home?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2020, 09:07 PM
NDL

4,518 posts, read 5,658,586 times
The aforementioned areas that you listed are lovely. That said, typically, the rule of thumb dictates that urban environments possess more crime than suburban or rural environments.

I personally favor living *inside* of the City limits, as opposed to living outside of the City, as the City has a lot to offer in the way of services, recreation, and offers great benefits in terms of location.

The Cottswold area is one of Charlotte's most desirable areas, and is safe and low in crime; resale value will be high. On the other hand Matthews is also safe and low in crime, and it has lovely parks and a charming downtown.

Old 07-07-2020, 04:52 AM

335 posts, read 429,635 times
I think budget will be a large determining factor. Entry price for a new home in Cotswold is going to be much higher than an entry price for a new home in Stallings or Matthews. But, Cotswold is extremely desirable, very safe, convenient to uptown, has a wonderful mix of older homes and newer ones, shopping nearby, decent schools, it’s a wonderful area of town.
Matthews and Stallings are fantastic options if you don’t mind being a little further from town and may want to save some money. Both of those areas are growing extremely quickly, especially Matthews, and they’re both safe and great family friendly areas. Matthews has a nice little downtown with some great local eats and a couple bars, also has a good farmers market on the weekends. It is getting more and more expensive, but that’s to be expected for a great suburb. It’s one of my favorite areas outside the city.
Stallings is growing quickly as well but doesn’t have quite as many immediately available amenities as Cotswold or Matthews, but it is convenient to Matthews and the south Charlotte/Weddington areas so nothing is very far away.

For safety I think any of them are wonderful. For resale, I’d say Cotswold first, Matthews, then Stallings. I’d also keep that order in terms of preferred places to live, personally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte