Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 06:22 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,477,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by XNYgirl View Post
The same is true for our family and situation. Our SSN are within 00-05 so we both would fall for May 2nd. I have checked the accounts for the past several days, including this morning and NO DOUGH!
My SS ends with 00 and I filed electronically and received my rebate Feb. 3rd. and still have not received mine either so be patient. The Charlotte area is still doing okay financially we are last.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2008, 05:24 AM

237 posts, read 299,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankTheTank2 View Post
Im going to invest my money in gold to spite the government and have the reverse effect they are looking for
spite the government? never heard that one before.

Old 05-04-2008, 05:52 AM

362 posts, read 995,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHouse75 View Post
I'm not getting one. So much for trying to better my life and my familiy's lives by working hard to make a good living so they don't have to grow up poor like I did.
KH feel your pain. Don't think we are getting one either. We filed our taxes back in Feb. by snail mail and already got our refund back so I would think if we were getting one we would have it by now.

My daughter worked part time, made about $3800 and filed a tax return. Will she get one?

Old 05-04-2008, 06:03 AM

Economic Stimulus Payments Information Center (broken link)

"In most cases, payments will range from $300 to $600 for individuals and $600 to $1200 for joint filers. Taxpayers may receive $300 for each qualifying child. Payments could be less, depending on tax liabilty and Adjusted Gross Income. Phaseout reduction begins at $75,000 for single filers and $150,000 for joint filers.
Examples of how the Economic Stimulus Act of 2008 may affect taxpayers who are single and either childless or do not have children who qualify for the child tax credit:
1) Individual with wages of $4,000, no federal income tax liability.
Individual rebate is $300

2) Individual with no wages, veterans’ payments of $2,000, social security benefits of $2,000, no federal income tax liability.

3) Individual with no wages, no social security benefits, veterans’ payments of $4,000, no federal income tax liability.

4) Individual with no wages, no social security benefits, no veterans’ benefits, AGI is $10,000, federal income tax liability is $125.

5) Individual with AGI is $12,000, federal income tax liability is $325.
Individual rebate is $325

6) Individual with AGI is $35,000, federal income tax liability in excess of $600.
Individual rebate is $600

7) Individual with AGI is $80,000, federal income tax liability in excess of $600.
Phase out reduction is ($250)
TOTAL is $350"

Choose what best fits you:

• Married with Qualifying Children (http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=179164,00.html - broken link)
  • Married without Qualifying Children (http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=179165,00.html - broken link)
  • Married Filing Separately, with or without Qualifying Children (http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=179642,00.html - broken link)
  • Single (Head of Household) with Qualifying Children (http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=179166,00.html - broken link)
  • Single without Qualifying Children (http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=179169,00.html - broken link)

GO THROUGH THE ENTIRE WEBSITE YOU MAY QUALIFY AND DON"T KNOW IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-04-2008, 08:07 AM

36 posts, read 119,425 times
I didn't read all this thread I hope I'm not repeating too much already said.

The tax rebate check seems like a joke to most people. How is this little bit going to help?
Its the sum total of the rebate checks that is significant. 7.1 Billion dollars is being sent out into our collective pockets. According to the feds experts, if we just spend 40% of what we get it will be around 3 billion dollars hitting the market almost all at once. That will reflect in the data #'s for the months to come. This will(or should) create a snowball effect, combined with low interest rates, and get the economy kick started in the rite direction. Jobless claims down and other positive news reports already being seen.

So what will I do with my tax rebates....

Put in into the economy 100%

Old 05-04-2008, 08:19 AM

36 posts, read 119,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
My SS ends with 00 and I filed electronically and received my rebate Feb. 3rd. and still have not received mine either so be patient. The Charlotte area is still doing okay financially we are last.
No we are not Okay!

I hold 20+ contracts with new home builders, and Charlottes new home industry has home builders like GB homes looking to pull out of Charlotte. And the brick layers are not seeing an increase in productivity.
My productivity has dropped 95% from 15 months ago!
Charlotte is hurting.
And if you think that because your office job is stable, think again. New home construction is whats been driving the economy for long time. And the effects will make it to the corporate people in offices later rather than sooner.

Any one says any economy is the US is good, are clueless to the reality of whats been going on.
New home sales is at the same place it was in 91 before Clinton was elected. Thats a 17 year low. And the value of the dollar is at all time lows against other currencies. (trying to make a recovery the last week)

Old 05-04-2008, 09:00 AM

197 posts, read 668,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post

"In most cases, payments will range from $300 to $600 for individuals and $600 to $1200 for joint filers. Taxpayers may receive $300 for each qualifying child. Payments could be less, depending on tax liabilty and Adjusted Gross Income. Phaseout reduction begins at $75,000 for single filers and $150,000 for joint filers.
Examples of how the Economic Stimulus Act of 2008 may affect taxpayers who are single and either childless or do not have children who qualify for the child tax credit:
1) Individual with wages of $4,000, no federal income tax liability.

2) Individual with no wages, veterans’ payments of $2,000, social security benefits of $2,000, no federal income tax liability.

3) Individual with no wages, no social security benefits, veterans’ payments of $4,000, no federal income tax liability.

4) Individual with no wages, no social security benefits, no veterans’ benefits, AGI is $10,000, federal income tax liability is $125.

5) Individual with AGI is $12,000, federal income tax liability is $325.
Individual rebate is $325

6) Individual with AGI is $35,000, federal income tax liability in excess of $600.

7) Individual with AGI is $80,000, federal income tax liability in excess of $600.
Phase out reduction is ($250)
TOTAL is $350"

Choose what best fits you:

• Married with Qualifying Children (http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=179164,00.html - broken link)
  • Married without Qualifying Children (http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=179165,00.html - broken link)
  • Married Filing Separately, with or without Qualifying Children (http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=179642,00.html - broken link)
  • Single (Head of Household) with Qualifying Children (http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=179166,00.html - broken link)
  • Single without Qualifying Children (http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=179169,00.html - broken link)
GO THROUGH THE ENTIRE WEBSITE YOU MAY QUALIFY AND DON"T KNOW IT!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you very much for the info, I didn't know the details.

Old 05-04-2008, 10:02 AM

1,117 posts, read 2,809,484 times
I'll put the $600 check in a stamped-envelope and mail it directly to China - this way I can just cut-out the middlemen.

Seriously though, I'll use it to pay for concerts and sporting events, starting with Radiohead next Friday night.....with the price of beer at Verizon, I might need to bring the whole rebate.

Old 05-04-2008, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavesJeep View Post
No we are not Okay!

I hold 20+ contracts with new home builders, and Charlottes new home industry has home builders like GB homes looking to pull out of Charlotte. And the brick layers are not seeing an increase in productivity.
My productivity has dropped 95% from 15 months ago!
Charlotte is hurting.
And if you think that because your office job is stable, think again. New home construction is whats been driving the economy for long time. And the effects will make it to the corporate people in offices later rather than sooner.

Any one says any economy is the US is good, are clueless to the reality of whats been going on.
New home sales is at the same place it was in 91 before Clinton was elected. Thats a 17 year low. And the value of the dollar is at all time lows against other currencies. (trying to make a recovery the last week)

I can't see that past the 11 high rises being built around me.... and 5.0% unemployment rate.

So you had a boom now things are back to normal and your freaking? Did you invest to much into what was known 5 years ago as a bubble. I happen to be in that housing/construction industry maybe you could find a more stable company we have so many openings it's getting sort of bad.

Anyone who makes such generalizations doesn't pay enough attention.

Can we get back on subject now?

Old 05-04-2008, 12:06 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,495,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megax View Post
I'll put the $600 check in a stamped-envelope and mail it directly to China - this way I can just cut-out the middlemen.

Seriously though, I'll use it to pay for concerts and sporting events, starting with Radiohead next Friday night.....with the price of beer at Verizon, I might need to bring the whole rebate.
Megax - I kind of feel the same way you do. I knew I'd get that money on Friday and I've already blown through it. I bought the Sony PS3 on Thursday along with the remote for it. Saturday Night, I went to Sagebrush and had a nice steak dinner. I also bought "Planet Earth" and the "Spiderman" Trilogy Blu-Rays at Best Buy. Today, I noticed that BB has reduced "Planet Earth" from $79.95 to $64.95, so I'll make the trip there to recover my $15. I'll probably spend it there anyway! Easy come - easy go!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte