Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2021, 12:11 PM

63 posts, read 79,014 times

Advertisements

Might visit Charlotte sometime this year. I know there's no official Asiatown, but are there any areas similar to Atlanta's Buford Highway or Boston's Super 88 Food Court or Northern Virginia's Eden Center? A specific neighborhood or shopping center or small area with diverse authentic asian cuisine. I looked up plenty of good sounding restaurants but I like the vibe of authentic Asian culture.

My favorite things are usually asian supermarkets with made to order restaurants in them, those tend to have very good food
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2021, 12:17 PM

2,413 posts, read 2,703,724 times
I like Super G off Highway 74. It has a few restaurants in the food court area that are good too. There isn't as much of a concentration as Boston or Atlanta, et. here in Charlotte, but there are still some good spots.

Old 03-10-2021, 12:37 PM

63 posts, read 79,014 times
Cool. Looks nice, will have to check it out

Old 03-28-2021, 08:20 AM

573 posts, read 550,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisville Asian View Post
Cool. Looks nice, will have to check it out
You can find literally anything you want at the Asian shops and grocery stores at the former Tryon Mall Shopping Center at the area where Tryon Street and Sugarcreek meet. There are two "Publix" size Asian grocers there as well as small yet authentic Thai and Vietnamese Restaurants. It is in a very precarious looking area, but it is worth a visit and a good place to stock up. It is on the level with many larger cities. The other place on Independence Blvd. is also really good but not as "authentic." There is also a pretty good Asian market near Matthews, I believe off of Monroe Road someplace. Good luck.

Old 03-29-2021, 10:44 AM

1,051 posts, read 1,599,615 times
The corner of N. Tryon and Sugar Creek. Huge grocery store, Asian restaurant supply store, and restaurants.

Old 03-29-2021, 07:42 PM

459 posts, read 699,620 times
I haven't been to it in a few years but Super G was good the last time i was there. pretty big and the food court was good.

one that i frequent because it's closer to me is New Grand Asia Market in Stallings in Potter Rd.

You can buy live fish there and they will cook it for you at the food court
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte