Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2008, 10:29 PM

10 posts, read 23,369 times

Advertisements

I need to either sell or re-rent a 4BR custom house near Providence HS. It's been rented for a few years and needs some cosmetic work, but I'm not sure if I should just try to sell it as it is, or paint and recarpet and then sell or rent. Anyone have a good feel for the rental market these days?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2008, 06:15 AM

338 posts, read 897,431 times
I'm looking to rent in Charlotte. Pls. send me a PM with the rent and address. I'll be in Clt. this weekend.

Old 05-12-2008, 10:14 AM

4,761 posts, read 7,837,223 times
If you have to ask, you might want to think about selling instead of renting. My finace's parents tried to rent and they are not liking it.

They had no experience with it and now have no idea where to begin with the work or how much its going to cost.

Old 05-12-2008, 10:42 AM

195 posts, read 538,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmrk View Post
I need to either sell or re-rent a 4BR custom house near Providence HS. It's been rented for a few years and needs some cosmetic work, but I'm not sure if I should just try to sell it as it is, or paint and recarpet and then sell or rent. Anyone have a good feel for the rental market these days?
Get some Comparables of your market from a real estate agent and see if they compare to what you would want or expect to get from your home.
Also, keep in mind it is a buyers market, and buyers are very set on what they want right now.

Old 05-12-2008, 11:39 AM

80 posts, read 200,064 times
I am looking for a rental. I will be down the end of the week. Please send me a PM so we can discuss this in more detail. Thank you!

Old 05-12-2008, 12:33 PM

1,895 posts, read 6,170,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmrk View Post
I agree with previous poster, have a few realtors come in and give you a CMA. It is a buyers market now, so if you think it will rent quickly and you won't have to fix it up much, then you may want to go that route. On the other hand, if you have some equity in the home and would like to use that money for other things, you may want to sell. Just know that you will need to price it aggressively if you want to sell quickly.

Old 05-12-2008, 01:26 PM

10 posts, read 23,369 times
Default PHs house

Is it smarter to sell it for below avg value "as is" or to invest money to fix it up and sell it for a much higher price? I am willing to let it go for about 100K below the "fixed up" price if I don't have to do the work, but I'm not sure that it will sell unless it looks as good or better than the competition. thoughts?

Old 05-13-2008, 11:21 AM

877 posts, read 1,913,528 times
It's a tough time to sell right now. I rent out my old house in Union County and I haven't had any problems with it. I use T.R. Lawing as my management company though so I don't have to deal directly with a tenant.

We're thinking of moving to another town soon and I think we've decided to rent out our current house instead of trying to sell. We'll wait a few years til the market picks up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: