Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2008, 08:18 AM

2 posts, read 7,373 times

Advertisements

Hi, I really would love to sew and have heard of a few week day classes in Concord at some businesses. Due to my work schedule and my son's after school sports, I can not fit in a week day class. Do you know of anyone that would be willing to come to my home on a Saturday to give me a few sewing lessons or that may have a sewing studio/class at their home on a Saturday? I live in Concord so something close to my area would be appreciated. If someone would like to make a few extra dollars and teach me, feel free to pass along your information. Thanks so much!

Erin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2008, 08:21 AM

1,367 posts, read 5,742,567 times
I don't know about down here, but up in the midwest most fabric stores had sewing classes and clinics. They were usually in the evening or on weekends and were pretty affordable.

Old 11-17-2008, 08:42 AM

2 posts, read 7,373 times
Thanks, yes they do offer them here but only in the evening on weekdays. I work full time and then spend the next hour or two being a taxi for my son LOL so the weekday evenings are not possible. I am hoping to find something on the weekends but no luck so far. Or someone willing to give me lessons. Thanks!

Old 05-22-2009, 05:38 AM

2 posts, read 6,181 times
I teach sewing on Saturday's you are welcome to see more information on my web site Ruth Sewing Room, Beginning Sewing Classes & Sewing Notions and read reveiws on Google map for Ruth Sewing Academy
thanks
Ruth
704 563-7011

Old 06-02-2009, 07:21 AM

2 posts, read 5,783 times
Hi ncgirl3571,

Just a few weeks ago I was in the same situation as you I wanted to take sewing classes and didn't know where to start. I wasn't sure if I would find a teacher that was thorough and patient or how much I would actually learn. Fortunately I was referred to the following website Ruth"s Sewing Room I signed up for classes with Ruth and I am loving it.

After 3 weeks of classes I was able to repair a pair of pants that my son had ripped while playing and also hem my pants for work. Ruth is patient and does a great job of helping you to relax so that you can learn more.

Ruth's number is 704 563-7011 give her a call or go to the link above to register for classes she is worth every penny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte