Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 10:27 AM

1,800 posts, read 5,720,454 times

Advertisements

This is ridiculous! Our pediatrician charges $10 (per child, per form) to sign camp health forms! Is that usually done around here? I have several children going to different camps this summer. Each camp requires medical forms to be signed by pediatricains (rightfully so), but to charge every time I need a form signed by the doc is robbery! These are forms that I fill out completely, before I drop them off at the doctor's offices, btw. This type of fleecing in today's economy makes me crazy!
Anyone have a pediatrician that they like, who doesn't "nickle and dime"?
TIA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2009, 10:51 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,534,878 times
StMaarten - just pay the $10 and be glad your physician will even help you!! I know this sounds absurd, but physicians here will not even SEE your child for a physical for camp unless you have been a regular patient. TRULY!!! You can call every pediatrician and internist here as I did when we moved in 2002, and unless your child is a regular patient of the practice . . . docs will not even make an appointment for a physical. I know this sounds IMPOSSIBLE, but I personally called 7 practices. My son had to have a physical to get into CP - we had just moved here so had not established ourselves w/ a doc. AND NO ONE WOULD SEE HIM b/c we were not regular patients, despite my explaining over and over again that we had just moved here!!! Finally, I found a doc out in the boonies who agreed to do it - and I had to pay a $25 fee on top of the regular office visit fee (per my insurance) to get them to help me!

When I told my friends back in Kansas City what I had gone thru/ they kept saying I must have miscommunicated w/ the practices cause that was ABSURD. No one could believe this was standard practice here - BUT IT IS!!!!!

Old 06-12-2009, 10:58 AM

5,979 posts, read 19,906,455 times
This is who we go to and are happy with them:
Palmetto Pediatrics - Main: 2450 India Hook Road Rock Hill, SC 29732 United States: 803-327-5772: Fax: 803-327-9303

Although when we were looking for one when we just got here, I went to one along Hwy 160 in Fort Mill. They gladly filled up the form for nothing, but we could not make them our regular ped since they were out of network with my insurance. IIRC,they are Rock Hill Pediatrics with an office in Fort Mill.
<H1>Rock Hill Pediatric-Fort Mill

1698 Highway 160 W Ste 220, Fort Mill, SC 29708
(803) 802-5900

</H1>

Old 06-12-2009, 11:05 AM

BIBIT - but they won't just okay forms if they have never seen her kids, will they? They will require that she has them all in for well checks first, right?

Old 06-12-2009, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
BIBIT - but they won't just okay forms if they have never seen her kids, will they? They will require that she has them all in for well checks first, right?
I brought in their wellness records from CT to be transferred to SC forms so they can register for school. Yes they did that because the forms were current, i.e. done within the year,except it was in a CT form signed by a CT doctor. In fact, they pulled out the SC form themselves...did not even have to request forms anywhere else.

Old 06-12-2009, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibit612 View Post
I brought in their wellness records from CT to be transferred to SC forms so they can register for school. Yes they did that because the forms were current, i.e. done within the year,except it was in a CT form signed by a CT doctor. In fact, they pulled out the SC form themselves...did not even have to request forms anywhere else.
This just goes to show - Charlotte docs have jerked us all around. Now, the way your pediatrician handled the records is what I would expect. WHen I moved to KCMO - I didn't go thru/ the ridiculous mess these docs here in Charlotte have put our family through! I had the same problem when our insurance changed last year. Hubby got sick and no one would see him - said he was not an established patient and until we made an appointment for a full physical and were considered "established patients," the docs would not see us for a sick call. They said for us to go to the Urgent Care Centers.

I got this from both CMC and Presby docs - and of course, w/ insurance, one is usually limited as to choices of practices. As you know, Bibit, this resulted in my hubby getting a mis-diagnosis of acute bronchitis from 2 trips to an Urgent Care Center, when he was actually suffering from congestive heart failure. The only way I finally got an appointment with a doc (the next day) here in Charlotte was to get a friend of ours to call the doc's office where they had been a patient and ask the PA to see our doc as a favor. As it turned out, this doc would have seen us if we had known to call his SMALL practice. All the large practices listed on our insurance network info would NOT see my husband.

Thank God this doc did - as hubby was diagnosed and admitted as an emergency admittance to the hospital immediately.

Old 06-12-2009, 11:25 AM

2,221 posts, read 4,395,833 times
My Ped charges as well and if I were the Dr. I would do same. I'd say it's standard policy. When I moved down to NC from OH the Dr. looked over the shots and etc and pointed out that we were missing a couple shots. It probably is a headache to do and atleast you are not being charged for a physical. Sounds like you have not paid the first $ to the SC doctor, just pay and move on.

Old 06-12-2009, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZnGuy View Post
My Ped charges as well and if I were the Dr. I would do same. I'd say it's standard policy. When I moved down to NC from OH the Dr. looked over the shots and etc and pointed out that we were missing a couple shots. It probably is a headache to do and atleast you are not being charged for a physical. Sounds like you have not paid the first $ to the SC doctor, just pay and move on.
I'm not sure if you are addressing me with this post. ..the peds that filled up the form for nothing was our first choice to be our regular peds. However, they are not in-network so we would end up paying more each time we use them. They filled up the form no charge and then referred us to others who may be in network. Your post made it sound as if I was just trying to get something for free here. Hope this clarifies things for ya!

Old 06-12-2009, 12:08 PM

Ani, they all just had their physical, by the same doc less, than six months ago. This is the pediatrician that we have been seeing since we moved here. They don't have to fill out a damn thing, they just have to sign the form...crazyness!

Old 06-12-2009, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZnGuy View Post
This is NOT standard policy. My peds in NJ never charged for this type of thing. They did charge when I needed records send to another doc, but I fully understand that, since copies have to be made and it can be time consuming. Signing a piece of paper, explaining that my child is up-to-date w/immunizations and physicals, then charging me $10, per child, to do so, is just not right, IMO...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: