Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 12:16 PM

187 posts, read 549,269 times

Advertisements

My signature Charlotte drink is Cheerwine.

(Yes, you guessed it, I don't drink. Be nice. )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2008, 12:18 PM

4,222 posts, read 7,895,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nchunter View Post
OMG I haven't thought of PJ in years! We used to make it in a cooler with cut up oranges,lemons,any fresh berries and add fruit punch and alot of vodka. I don't think I could stomach it anymore.Ha! I stand corrected, My friend said it was everclear! not vodka.
I suppose I have those bad memories since we used rot gut gin. Everclear (moonshine) would have been much better.

Old 05-23-2008, 12:20 PM

4,222 posts, read 7,895,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandchug View Post

I love cheerwine. Until recently you could only buy it in the Carolinas. recently, the 7 Up company has been selling it in Florida (Publix). You don't have to drink to be O.K. in my book. I've been trying to get my wife to drink for years.

Old 05-23-2008, 12:21 PM

1,521 posts, read 4,951,063 times
Beer! Simple and comes pre-made. All you do is pop the top and enjoy

Old 05-23-2008, 12:26 PM

743 posts, read 2,242,959 times
Quote:

I like cheerwine too, but there are times I like adding Amaretto to mine.

Old 05-23-2008, 12:26 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,505,372 times
Quote:

Im with you there. Im allergic to alcohol.
Cheerwine is at it best when it is serve over crushed ice.

As a kid it was called the Suicide
Mixing every type of fountain drink available.
We didnt have this diet assortment available today but we did have Tab.
However Tab energy drink is pretty good.

I would not mind the signature drink being Orange n Cream Soda.

Old 05-23-2008, 12:56 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,964,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vindaloo View Post
l Has anyone outside of charlotte, or maybe even west Charlotte, or possibly my old high school ever heard of PJ.
Back in my senior year of high school ... after graduation we all headed to Myrtle Beach ... another friend was a student at USC and arrived with grain alcohol they made in the lab. He mixed it with grape juice and made PJ ... I got on a crying jag and decided nobody loved me ... didn't even like me and I was going home. All of the car keys were taken away, thank goodness ... each one of my friends confessed to undying love for me forever and ever ... just stop crying, you cannot drive home and where did you hide your Johnny Rivers records. It was like there was a cloud or fog visible only to me around my head.

We are dry now ... no alcohol at all ... when my husband returned from Vietnam he tried to drink himself to death ... he finally realized he had problem and now takes it 'One Day at a Time.'

I guess Coca Cola or Sundrop would be our drink of choice and we do love a good cup of coffee.

Old 05-23-2008, 01:02 PM

1,521 posts, read 4,951,063 times
Yes we used to drink PJ many moons ago, We would feel up coolers with the stuff. As with most you grow up and slow down and enjoy life.....

Old 05-23-2008, 01:25 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,469,759 times
Quote:

Cheerwine is WONDERFUL!!! I love it, too, and have since a kid. Great stuff. Yes, that should be the signature drink. Signature soda, at least!!!!

Old 05-23-2008, 01:28 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,469,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Back in my senior year of high school ... after graduation we all headed to Myrtle Beach ... another friend was a student at USC and arrived with grain alcohol they made in the lab. He mixed it with grape juice and made PJ ... I got on a crying jag and decided nobody loved me ... didn't even like me and I was going home. All of the car keys were taken away, thank goodness ... each one of my friends confessed to undying love for me forever and ever ... just stop crying, you cannot drive home and where did you hide your Johnny Rivers records. It was like there was a cloud or fog visible only to me around my head.

We are dry now ... no alcohol at all ... when my husband returned from Vietnam he tried to drink himself to death ... he finally realized he had problem and now takes it 'One Day at a Time.'

I guess Coca Cola or Sundrop would be our drink of choice and we do love a good cup of coffee.
Did we all meet up on the same beach trip???? Oh, my, I remember those crazy years . . . by my senior year in college, we were bringing a blender w/ us. Yes, someone owned a blender!!! And we made Pina Coladas and thought we were oh-so-sophisticated!!!!

Nothing beats a good cup of coffee . . . Love my coffee . . . might make some more here in a bit . . .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte