Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2008, 07:47 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,527,721 times

Advertisements

Many of you have had time to adjust to your routines in life around Charlotte. You might tend to do go to certain stores to shop, parks to hang out , Friday night ritual of hanging out with friends or have people now calling you to come over to hang out. Attending certain events or church on a regular basis. Little things that make calling Charlotte home.

What things you like to share that made Charlotte being home for you?

Do you have a favorite restaurant or coffee house that they remember you and what your favorite thing to order?

Some of your relatives or friends moving down here to join you in the Charlotte area?

Your neighbors saying hello to you when you see them outside?

Enjoying a holiday in Charlotte and found yourself that this is a ritual for the next year?

Adapting to your children rituals here of attending school functions and taking part of the extra curricular activities with them?

Driving around the area and you know what buisness is in the area and not get lost?

You family sharing the joys they enjoy about living here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2008, 08:02 AM

1,181 posts, read 3,059,410 times
We were pretty lonely here for several years until we got involved with our son's baseball league. First, it started with just being part of a team, but now the whole family volunteers through coaching, team parenting, concessions, tournament, etc...

We're slowly building relationships, but definitely being involved with PSAA has given us a strong sense of belonging here in Charlotte.

Old 06-17-2008, 08:21 AM

371 posts, read 1,102,255 times
Charlotte has become home because I was lucky enough to find friends that have become family. I met most of these friends through my first job in clt. I've also made many good friends through volunteering on the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure committee.

Old 06-17-2008, 08:26 AM

1,181 posts, read 3,059,410 times
Volunteering here is very big. It's a great way to belong and find a 'home'. Somehow, up north, no one had any time and down here, we have all the time in the world... funny, there are still only 24 hours in the day. Since I've been here, I've volunteered regularly at church, school, YMCA, SCAA, etc... and have a full-time demanding career. I guess it's true: when you give more, you have more to give.

Old 06-17-2008, 10:01 AM

1,242 posts, read 4,036,130 times
Default Really it is my neighborhood

We are super close to our nearby neighbors..they became like family!

I haven't been lonely yet but I am a super outgoing person and really just get along with anybody at any age.

I also love the shops...I am at "home" when the shopping is good
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: