Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 08:42 PM

1,311 posts, read 4,679,457 times

Advertisements

The kind of preschool you say you're looking for does not have to cost you $1000/month! I can only assume the responders mentioning that are talking about full time day care. The places we looked at while researching half day preschools all ran between $200 and $250 for 3 days/week, 4 hours a day. That's a lot more than preschool was in PA where we came from, but we're very happy with the place we found. I'm sure there are places more expensive than that, but most everything we saw was pretty reasonable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2008, 09:07 PM

533 posts, read 1,833,441 times
learning links academy on rea road has a great part-time preschool program! it is NOT a daycare (which many preschools are). good luck in your search!

Old 06-23-2008, 05:33 PM

201 posts, read 670,068 times
Hi!

I was just going to post that as well...$1000 a month for preschool does seem much from what I've heard.

Lots of excellent preschools can be found for much, much less.

My good friend was not able to camp out in the middle of winter for a preschool spot for her child (her and her husband both work full time).

However, she did find another excellent preschool for her child, who will start kindergarten this fall, and is doing just fine--not to mention how much she loved the preschool, the staff, and all that her child learned the past few years.

There was no camping out in winter, no paying $1000 per month for preschool (hours: 9-12:30). Any extra money they have goes into a college fund.

Everyone is different…the best bet is to visit the preschools in or near the areas you’ll be living and working, and find the one that seems like a wonderful fit for your child.

The rest will fall into place! Just know that there are plenty of options in Charlotte…it’s just a matter of visiting them in person, and talking with parents who have kids in the program right now.

I'm sure there are many wonderful preschools for $1000 a month, but there are plenty that are much less, and still as wonderful!

Good luck, and an early Welcome to Charlotte!

Old 06-23-2008, 06:56 PM

264 posts, read 918,067 times
Do you need day care or real pre-school? I have seen some signs in the south CLT area that there are openings at: Providence Presbyterian, Grace Lutheran and Cross and Crown Lutheran -- that might actually be in Matthews, but it's on 51.

I disagree that you will find a lot of options at this late date. I speak from experience; everything had waiting lists. It will be hard to find a quality program, but not impossible. Please feel free to DM me if you want to hear our story!

Old 06-23-2008, 07:05 PM

797 posts, read 3,294,619 times
yes, there are plenty in charlotte for much less than $1000 but I didn't find any in the area we live and that was the whole point to have it close to home. I looked at 5 and they were all within a hundred dollars of each other. It's not like I want to pay that much. I paid $600 when I lived on another side of town. But since I can compare, I can definately say you get what you pay for - In my opinion that is. The place we are at far exceeds the previous place we were at and our son flourished within 2 weeks at the new place. We thought he had great care before but we had nothing to compare it until we moved. I put us on 14 preschool lists. It's just insane the wait time. Took over a year to get in one of our top choices. Of course you could get lucky and get a spot if your child happens to be the right age etc of one that opens up.

Old 06-23-2008, 07:46 PM

549 posts, read 1,740,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travlingrlclt View Post
I paid $600 when I lived on another side of town. But since I can compare, I can definately say you get what you pay for - In my opinion that is. The place we are at far exceeds the previous place we were at and our son flourished within 2 weeks at the new place. We thought he had great care before but we had nothing to compare it until we moved.
This post says it very well. If you have a choice then you do what is best for your child.

Old 07-13-2011, 04:01 PM

1 posts, read 7,124 times
Looking for learning links on rea rd on google and cannt find it anyone have the number?

Old 07-13-2011, 05:24 PM

97 posts, read 276,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricia022886 View Post
Looking for learning links on rea rd on google and cannt find it anyone have the number?
They changed names to Ivybrook Academy.

Ivybrook Academy Preschool

704-845-2310

Old 07-13-2011, 05:39 PM

985 posts, read 1,900,869 times
There is also a new daycare/preschool going up across the street from there...I can't think of it's name it is supposed to open this September the sign says. It is almost "next door" to Kids R Kids...the "neighbor" on the other side is Elevation Church Blakney.
maybe it was already mentioned by someone else?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte