Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2008, 08:17 AM

36 posts, read 150,426 times

Advertisements

I am in the process of building in Berewick with McCar homes. The foreman seems to know what he is talking about and the office staff appear to be very nice and responsive. I am not sure if the staff or foreman has changed since the start of the community or not. Does anyone have any recent experiences with this builder within Berewick. I read a lot of the past threads and am very scared now by what I was reading. I am hoping that I did not do the wrong thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2008, 10:35 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,778,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelchicky View Post
I am in the process of building in Berewick with McCar homes. The foreman seems to know what he is talking about and the office staff appear to be very nice and responsive. I am not sure if the staff or foreman has changed since the start of the community or not. Does anyone have any recent experiences with this builder within Berewick. I read a lot of the past threads and am very scared now by what I was reading. I am hoping that I did not do the wrong thing.
Many people were unhappy with them at one point. But I have not heard any negative things lately. Why not go out in the neighborhood and knock on some doors to ask people living there for their opinions?

Old 06-10-2008, 01:18 PM

6 posts, read 16,983 times
I have been in my Mccar house now for one year in Berewick and have encountered very minor issues to date (same issues most new construction houses encounter).

My advice would be to watch the progress of your house closely and try to be proactive in finding issues. The builder was more than happy to address my issues as I found them and it was much easier to do earlier rather than latter in the building process.

Old 06-10-2008, 07:55 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,924,091 times
I've been in my McCar for four years now. If I put a number to it, I'd say my satisfaction is at 90%. They've done all that I've asked of them when I was in my warranty window. The house is holding up quite well. In fact, I think I've had a total of 5 nailpops/blisters over the 4 years throughout this whole place. That's pretty strong! Well, enjoy your McCar home! We do.

Old 06-11-2008, 06:43 AM

36 posts, read 150,426 times
Thank you so much for your opinions! I feel better after hearing them. I have talked to a couple of people in the neighborhood that said they felt satisfied with their build. It is just so scary to read some of the things on here about them! I am keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well!

Old 06-13-2008, 12:45 PM

6 posts, read 16,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelchicky View Post
Thank you so much for your opinions! I feel better after hearing them. I have talked to a couple of people in the neighborhood that said they felt satisfied with their build. It is just so scary to read some of the things on here about them! I am keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well!
We're also currently building with McCar in Berewick and have had a good experience so far. It's good to hear current owners are having positive experiences to ease the mind.

Old 06-13-2008, 10:17 PM

743 posts, read 2,244,526 times
Within the past year and a half since I bought my McCar home, lots of employees have come and gone. I think that had a lot to do with the complaints, at least mine. They were never addressed or not fixed properly. But they now are on top of it. Although hubby nearly fixes most all minor problems, we still call on them for the majors. I believe you should feel very confident with your purchase, McCar has changed since the complaints of last year.

Old 06-25-2008, 01:30 PM

17 posts, read 66,510 times
That is great! I was just searching this forum for exactly this question. I bought with McCar and am set to move in in July. The sales staff has been excellent thus far and the building manager Matt has been great! However, I haven't moved in yet. So I was concerned about them after move-in. Seeing these comments really helps. Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte