Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2008, 03:23 PM

100 posts, read 354,747 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know if there is a waiting list and price to get into this school my son is going into middle school and do they award scholarships on fiancail need?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2008, 04:18 PM

549 posts, read 1,741,525 times
Most of your questions are answered on the school's website. Yes, there is a waiting list.

Charlotte Latin School

Old 06-29-2008, 07:25 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,385,300 times
When we called 6 months ago it was 18,500 for elem school...Middle school we were told was more...

Old 06-29-2008, 07:56 PM

264 posts, read 918,526 times
It's not that much -- 13,500 for young elementary plus some fees. of course there is the additional money they will ask for, "new family" fees, capital campaign, whatever they call it.

That being said, i know one family whose son and daughter just got in -- seventh grader and second grader. They do have a high schooler there already; don't know if that figured into their admission.

Palmetto -- didn't see anything about a waiting list on the website. Do they publish that somewhere?

Old 06-30-2008, 09:42 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,724,589 times
Latin's enchanted me since childhood. I'm a Rome geek. But I never took any real effort to learn the language until now. I just wanna read Cicero or Pliny in Latin and get it over with. Past english now.

So I picked this book up from Amazon and it's a book for homeschooled/self-taught students of any age. You might wanna check it out

Amazon.com: Getting Started with Latin: Beginning Latin for Homeschoolers and Self-Taught Students of Any Age: William E. Linney: Books

Old 07-01-2008, 07:48 AM

755 posts, read 2,493,798 times
My children were at Latin for several years before we moved to Ohio. I still miss that school! (My daughter's picture is still on their website. http://bestsmileys.com/love2/21.gif (broken link)) The head of the middle school is especially wonderful.

Yes, financial aid is available and yes, there is usually a waiting list. You've missed the admissions season, (late fall/winter) but you may get lucky and get a spot over the summer. I've seen it happen. Contact the admissions office ASAP in order to get the process going.

I also thought I'd mention that the name Charlotte Latin comes from the Roman model of educating the mind, body and spirit.

Old 07-01-2008, 09:12 AM

240 posts, read 732,163 times
Cool waiting list

you have missed the application period for the upcoming school year.
There are waiting lists and these occur in most grades.
My daughter applied for 9th grade and about 50+ applied. She is on the waiting list due to not many spots being available.

We may still get a phone call during the Summer but my daughter is happy to attend Ardrey Kell.

They do offer financial aid and they have scholarships too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: