Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 12:28 PM

64 posts, read 169,212 times

Advertisements

I was chatting with somebody the other day about the fact that I'm looking to move to Huntersville/Concord and he told me that area is just "rednecks with money" and "too congested"

Now, I was just up there last month and neither of those thoughts ever entered my mind. Especially driving around Highland Creek.

What do you guys think about that statement? P.S. He lives in South Park and loves it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2008, 12:39 PM

3,662 posts, read 9,669,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frustratedinflorida View Post
I was chatting with somebody the other day about the fact that I'm looking to move to Huntersville/Concord and he told me that area is just "rednecks with money" and "too congested"

Now, I was just up there last month and neither of those thoughts ever entered my mind. Especially driving around Highland Creek.

What do you guys think about that statement? P.S. He lives in South Park and loves it.
I'd say he doesn't know what he's talking about and Huntersville is one of the most desirable areas of Charlotte. Just do a search on Huntersville, Cornelius, Davidson, and Lake Norman and you'll see what I mean.

Old 07-24-2008, 12:50 PM

64 posts, read 169,212 times
Default I know

Like I said, I was up there for 3 days. Now, its not living up there, but when you are out shopping, going to eat, etc. You can seel the locals and I didn't get that impression one bit. Maybe he's just a south-sider that doesn't like going north

Old 07-24-2008, 12:58 PM

509 posts, read 1,803,431 times
There is a decided north-south mentality subscribed to by some in Charlotte. And by north-south, I mean north charlotte v. south charlotte... not the Civil War.

I live in Huntersville and disagree with his description.

Old 07-24-2008, 01:01 PM

3,662 posts, read 9,669,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlTravels View Post
There is a decided north-south mentality subscribed to by some in Charlotte. And by north-south, I mean north charlotte v. south charlotte... not the Civil War.

I live in Huntersville and disagree with his description.
Yes, to a degree.

To qualify my statements, I have lived in south Charlotte the majority of my life, but now call Cornelius my home.

Old 07-24-2008, 01:32 PM

1,638 posts, read 4,550,597 times
Concord is in Cabarrus county-some good schools, nice quaint downtown, lovely historic homes and reasonable house prices. Completely different from SP and Huntersville too.

Old 07-24-2008, 01:36 PM

1,521 posts, read 4,952,842 times
...on the flip side some I talk to say S.Charlotte is to stuffy and never seem to relax. To each there own!

Old 07-24-2008, 01:45 PM

630 posts, read 1,878,427 times
When your friend is done having tea with the Queen, he can come up to the LKN for some PBR and mudboggin' Yee haw.

Thats about the most inaccurate description of the LKN area I could imagine. Transplants with money maybe...

Old 07-24-2008, 02:09 PM

518 posts, read 2,061,478 times
If you read alot of posts like this, most people are NOT from here, they are from up north, so....rednecks...I think not. BTW most are not NASCAR fans either (I'm sure that will come up eventually). There is a difference between North Charlotte and South Charlotte....visit both ends and form your opinion. Most traffic complaints come from the people that travel 485 near Pineville, that's congestion. Good Luck.

Old 07-24-2008, 02:12 PM

1,852 posts, read 5,221,381 times
Well Concord and Huntersville are two very different places. Huntersville is more lake community, Concord has more houses packed in and might consider closer to the Nascar situation. (Though Mooresville is very Nascar). anyway.. Not red neck at all in Huntersville.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte